Chad's pride the only thing hurt.

schnarfer

After Chad's antics on the field I am now poised for his trade off this team. He has a terrible game, drops a huge pass and then gets "hurt" , carted off the field olike he has a serious injury and then, wow, he is completely fine and back on the plane with the team. I am a huge CJ fan but after that sh!t today I say good riddence. His pride was hurt so he embelishes an injury to take focus off his terrible play today. I have no sympathy for him and his trade value can get us much more than he is worth. period.

I think anyone not wearing Chad goggles saw the same thing you did. He is an embarrassment to the team and the league. Only thing I disagree with is that you won't get anything in return if you trade him. I suppose he could be the next Randy Moss if the Patsies wanted him, (Moss was only worth a number 4 BTW) but I doubt any other team would have the stomach to take a chance with him.

I'm not saying he was or wasn't faking...however...I feel very uncomfortable saying any NFL player would fake an injury in front of god and everybody. These guys will go out of there way to HIDE injuries from teammates and coaches for several reasons - risk to their pride, risk to their paycheck, risk to the opportunity to play the game they love.

Furthermore, this is a rediculously violent game where people get hurt - bad and permanently - every weekend. When someone gets carried off on a stretcher I will always give them the benefit of the doubt.

Again - not saying he was or wasn't faking - but I feel much better giving him the benefit of the doubt.

Look, I think this game could be something that turns Chad around.

I hope you're right, but unfortunately I do not think so. Chad's take on this will be 'see what happens when Chad doesn't get to be Chad'. He'll make a big deal about how he is going to get his sexy back...blah, blah, blah...

My gut tells me that Chad got hit hard twice yesterday. I would say he got some serious concussion. On the second hit I'd say he might have gotten some whiplash and probably exacerbated his concussion, but obviously I'm not his doctor nor on the field. I do know that it doesn't take a hard second hit to make a concussion a lot worse.

I'm sure the sideline hit had something to do with the later drop...and possible flop....but I'll go back a week earlier. In what is becoming an almost routine occurance Chad dropped the 52 yard bomb and then hit his head very hard on the turf.

I don't have reason to think he was faking. If he was, sure, that's candyass. But I don't think he was.

We'll never know if he was faking, but his long history of primadonna theatrics were enough to put the thought into the heads of most Bengal fans.....especially after Chad's 3rd dropped pass of the day.

Look, I think this game could be something that turns Chad around. He started about a month ago blaming everybody else under the sun, and I was sick of that crap while others defended him. Yesterday I saw a guy who knows HE has been screwing up.

I don't know about that. I've been looking for any kind of sign that Chad has changed and to date I've been completely unimpressed with the things he's said as well as his play on the field. And there's the rub because it's becoming brutally obvious that Chad is wilting under the pressure instead of responding to it.

I find this seriously hard to believe. I think he loves the game too much to fake an injury or getting hurt. Donte hits like a Mack truck and with that ding Chad received a little while earlier, not hard to figure that Donte knocked him out of the game. When I saw in on TV this morning, he was looking rather woozy after the earlier hit. But hey, if you guys wanna let him go, I'd be happy to have him in Buffalo. He's one of my favorite non-Bills players in the NFL. I think showboating is rather immature but he'd not offensive the way he does it...he's genuinely having fun when he does it. I'm just glad to hear he's ok.

On a side note, I have Bills season tickets along the tunnel and a couple guys behind me were jawing back and forth with Chad when the Bengals were about to head out onto the field. "You suck" "No, you suck" Stuff like that going back and forth...Ocho Cinco was trying not to laugh when he was saying it...easy to tell he was enjoying himself...lol

Wide receiver T.J. Houshmandzadeh, asked by the club to ride in the ambulance with Johnson to check out his neck at a hospital, said he knew his friend would be OK because he was cracking jokes on the ride.

They had time to chat about the third-down pass that Johnson dropped on a quick slant over the middle early in the fourth quarter that would have been a 78-yard touchdown and given the Bengals a 28-19 lead.

They both agreed it would have been a touchdown and Houshmandzadeh said it's because of Johnson's habit to catch the ball with his body over the middle: "I tell him to extend his arms."

After Chad's antics on the field I am now poised for his trade off this team. He has a terrible game, drops a huge pass and then gets "hurt" , carted off the field olike he has a serious injury and then, wow, he is completely fine and back on the plane with the team. I am a huge CJ fan but after that sh!t today I say good riddence. His pride was hurt so he embelishes an injury to take focus off his terrible play today. I have no sympathy for him and his trade value can get us much more than he is worth. period.

No way. I just bought his jersey 3 months ago!

Chad's bullsh!t injury and the dramatics he pulled is rediculous. How do you get carted off the field with a neck injury and then hop on a plane to cincinati. It is an obvious immaturity and that is the last draw for this fan. I love him as a player but he is killing this team and that was a perfect example of how he does it. When you have a bad game you bounce back..not embelish and horse sh!t injury to take focus off of his game changing drop. His ego is way to much for this team...trade him and get alot of value while you still can

It's called precaution you freaking **edit**... I can't believe that some of you call this an "act". Chad just about got his freaking head knocked off!

Trade Chad, trade me. Defense is our problem!

It's called precaution you freaking **edit**... I can't believe that some of you call this an "act". Chad just about got his freaking head knocked off!

I thought we already traded you. Anyways, per Bengals.com

It turns out that some of the people that viewed the tape of the play with 1:53 left in Sunday's 33-21 loss say that Bills safety Donte Whitner never hit Johnson but that Johnson's head bounced badly off the turf after stretching for an incomplete pass over the middle at the Bills 35.

I think saying "Chad just about got his freaking head knocked off" is a bit much. I don't doubt he was in pain, but I question whether he was legitimately injured or if he was simply too embarrassed by his performance to get up and walk to the sidelines, albeit with a woozy head, where T.J. could again go over the fundamentals of catching a football. We'll just never know. I'm betting he plays this Sunday, for what it's worth. But with that said, I still want him on the team because it's tough to imagine where the offense would be without him. I think he does make our other receivers that much better and I agree, I don't want to trade him either. I'm just very disappointed in his play. He needs to play better and start catching the football.

I thought we already traded you. Anyways, per Bengals.com

It turns out that some of the people that viewed the tape of the play with 1:53 left in Sunday's 33-21 loss say that Bills safety Donte Whitner never hit Johnson but that Johnson's head bounced badly off the turf after stretching for an incomplete pass over the middle at the Bills 35.

I think saying "Chad just about got his freaking head knocked off" is a bit much. I don't doubt he was in pain, but I question whether he was legitimately injured or if he was simply too embarrassed by his performance to get up and walk to the sidelines, albeit with a woozy head, where T.J. could again go over the fundamentals of catching a football. We'll just never know. I'm betting he plays this Sunday, for what it's worth. But with that said, I still want him on the team because it's tough to imagine where the offense would be without him. I think he does make our other receivers that much better and I agree, I don't want to trade him either. I'm just very disappointed in his play. He needs to play better and start catching the football.

blah blah blah, STFU ROOKIE and change your screen name... It should say: I'mahaterofChadJohnsonandIthinkhe'safakerX5. :lmao:

He needs to play better and start catching the football.

Yes, so we can get the best value when we trade him in the off season. I'm not a hater, I just think that with his kamikaze style of leaping, catching, then landing on his head or shouler, it's only a matter of time before a real injury devalues him to the point where we'll get nothing out of him.

In case you haven't noticed, his stock is dropping like a rock. Or like a pass thrown to uhh..., number 85.