Goals for this season

combatbengal

As fans, what goals do we have for our Bengals? I have a few.

1. Stay healthy

2. Undefeated season (I'm dreaming)

3. Make the playoffs

4. Win home field advantage

5. Win the Division

6. Go to the Big show and win it.

I'll ride along with you on #1, #3, & #5.

I'd like to throw in a No.7 - improved home record

8 - Hold Lombardi Trophy over head with one hand, freeing other hand to make obscene gesture to Roger Goodell.

:lmao::lmao:

Uh, go to and win the SB? Some of you and your low standards amaze me. Mike Brown's favorite kind of fans!

:cheers:

Uh, go to and win the SB? Some of you and your low standards amaze me. Mike Brown's favorite kind of fans!

There's no reason this team can't get there - stop making excuses, after 17 years it gets old.

If the Bears can get there last year then the Bengals' can this year. No reason to settle.

Get over yourself.

It can be argued that the Bengals are capable of winning it all, but the same can be said for about ten other teams. Everything has to fall into place perfectly for a team to do that regardless of talent. I refuse to demand that players stay healthy and officials side with Cincinnati more often than not when those sorts of things are completely out of the team's control.

As fans, what goals do we have for our Bengals?

Dynasty: Year One. :smoke:

And I thought only the Air Force aimed high! :rolleyes:

Well, I wouldn't want to be accused of setting my sights too low... :lol:

(Did I mention that, after winning the Super Bowl next February -- only the first of five or six consecutive Lombardis, of course -- I also expect the Bengals to establish a democratic government in Iraq during the '08 offseason...?)

Well, I wouldn't want to be accused of setting my sights too low... :lol:

(Did I mention that, after winning the Super Bowl next February -- only the first of five or six consecutive Lombardis, of course -- I also expect the Bengals to establish a democratic government in Iraq during the '08 offseason...?)

No Hoosier, you neglected to tell us that little tid-bit of pertinent data. Are you going to call "Dubya" and inform him, or shall I?

4_mar_HillaryDubya.jpg

There's no reason this team can't get there - stop making excuses, after 17 years it gets old.

If the Bears can get there last year then the Bengals' can this year. No reason to settle.

Get over yourself.

It can be argued that the Bengals are capable of winning it all, but the same can be said for about ten other teams. Everything has to fall into place perfectly for a team to do that regardless of talent. I refuse to demand that players stay healthy and officials side with Cincinnati more often than not when those sorts of things are completely out of the team's control.

If they're capable, then why wouldn't it be a goal? I see "avoid injuries" and "stay out of the pokey" type comments, but, injuries happen to every team and so do bad calls - as Marvin said expand the room for error and you don't worry about losing to a crap team like Tampa because of one bad call. In other words, beat the teams you should beat, and beat them well.

To have a top 5 QB and have one winning season so far with him as a starter, to me, is inexcusable. Those types don't come around very often, the Bengals' should be in the playoffs just about every year, if not every year, he is healthy and playing....at least.

I'm tired of feeling sorry for the Bengals. Their only goal should be to win a SB at this point - no rebuilding needed.

If they're capable, then why wouldn't it be a goal?

From the team's perspective, that should be a goal every season regardless of circumstance. As a fan, I can hope to see them go that far, but when I don't think they're quite that good yet I will set my sites a bit lower and look for forward progress.