Forum Member Diversity

BengalszoneBilly

Well, my story is fairly boring. 23 years old, living in Amarillo but grew up in Wichita, Kansas, I currently work at a convenience store and am waiting for the Fall semester to start so I can go back to college (where I had a 3.67 GPA...so DPM isn't the only one who learns good around here :D ). I live with my girlfriend and my two dogs, and that's about it.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I work as a CFP (Certified Financial Planner) for the State of Kentucky, under the Deferred Compensation cabinet. Basically I set up 401k/457b plans for state, city, and county workers (plus a few teachers here and there). I live in the big city of Lawrenceburg, Ky, but hail from the University of KY (which explains why I am such a blowhard for the wildcats). If there was ever a team I loved more than the Bengals would be UK. Of course I am referring to basketball since UK football makes me want to rip my eyes out. :wacko::wacko:

I work as a CFP (Certified Financial Planner) for the State of Kentucky, under the Deferred Compensation cabinet. Basically I set up 401k/457b plans for state, city, and county workers (plus a few teachers here and there). I live in the big city of Lawrenceburg, Ky, but hail from the University of KY (which explains why I am such a blowhard for the wildcats). If there was ever a team I loved more than the Bengals would be UK. Of course I am referring to basketball since UK football makes me want to rip my eyes out. :wacko::wacko:

My boyfriend would dump me for Rick Pitno to come back to Kentucky.

bored billy?

Of course I'm bored. It's the offseason, remember? :rolleyes:

B) There is no " off season " .......... it's just a little longer to the next game that's all. :player:

I don't relate well to your definition of "a little longer!" ^_^

Oxstud Posted on Apr 3 2005, 06:32 PM:  UK football makes me want to rip my eyes out. 

:lol: The amount I love to watch the U.K. Wildcats basketball team is in direct proportion to how much I hate watching their football team! What is up with that anyway!?! :rolleyes:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Since we have so many new members here, I thought I'd revive this thread I started back on January 27th, 2004.

Personally I've changed careers again and have returned back to aviation working again as an FAA certified airframe and powerplant technician working on aircraft at the local airport here in Prescott, Arizona. Here I am at work, wearing my Bengals cap of course!

Me.jpg

Anyone else?

I work for a manufacturing company that builds cleaning machines and also produces chemical products. We sell our products and equipment through distributors nationwide and also in Canada and Europe. I actually do Technical Support which provides support for our end users, service centers, technicians, distributors, and reps. I also help manage the warranty dept. in which I actually give either the denial or the credit (and all the leg work) to the company looking for warranty coverage on our products. Me and my partner also manage a nationwide "swapout program" that we provide to our largest national account.

A lot of hard work and dedication got me to the point that I'm at now. I basically had to work my way from the ground up. I started right out of High School, I only have a GED. They started me off by filling the chemical bottles one-by-one (72 cases, 4 per case) every day for about a year. Then I moved on to building mop buckets for another year or two. Eventually I moved on to start building the cleaning machines, then on to tech support, because of my knowledge of the products.

Hi, my name is Jody I am 29 years old and have been a Bengals fan since I was a kid. I work in a factory called Metaldyne. It is an independent parts supplier for Chrysler, GM, Toyota and Ford. We machine components such as steering knuckles, ball joints and we assemble the steering components and ship them to the assembly plants. I am currently a set up guy. I have to make sure the machines are running. I have nine Makino machines and three Kasper machines that I am responsible for. I basically change tooling in them. Not real hard work just a lot of walking and you get kind of dirty sometimes. I have been in the same factory for 8 1/2 years.

Male Prostitute - it pays fairly well and I get to work from home.

I'm Barry and I am a full-time college student, work the front desk at a gym (best job ever), and work the night shift of a hotel on the weekends (wierdest job I have ever had). The most work I have to do at the gym is stock the cooler with protein shakes, help someone fill out a new membership form, and wipe down the machines when I close. Most of the time all I do is give training tips to physically fit young women. My other job is a different story. Not a lot of hard work, but there are some stressful moments sometimes. You see a lot of wild stuff at a hotel from 12 A.M. to 4 A.M. Sometimes the wild stuff is good and sometimes it's bad. One time we had four different girls high school basketball teams stay in the hotel for a weekend and we have an indoor pool (best weekend ever). On the other hand, a lot of weirdos ("mouth breathers" is what I like to call them) come from all over to rent a room there. We've also been robbed at gunpoint twice since I started working there, but I wasn't there either time. The manager lets me keep my sig with me now when I work the night shift as long as the customers don't see it.

[Can't give my name for fear of Steeler fans watching who want to kill me by now. :D ]

Contrary to the overly annoying (and seemingly arrogant) statements I love to make just to get under the skin of 'other fans' in the smack forum (it's my form of payback), you would actually find me to be completely the opposite in person. Easy going. Simple. Respectful. Complete and absolute respect for every profession and everyone's hope and dreams. I come from a very small city in Kentucky, and know what it is like to have 'next to nothing'. I don't forget my roots, and would honestly rather get back to a simpler, less hectic life.

Although I surely do love the Bengals, my first and favorite sport is baseball. In college, I took extra classes hoping to become a baseball coach/manager. Uh ... didn't happen. Right there with baseball (and the Reds) are the UK Wildcats. They are the team I follow the most ... and besides, nobody up here in Pittsburgh cares about basketball, so it makes it easier. Actually, you'd be surprised how many UK fans exist up here!

As for a profession, I currently write software, own my own private company, and work out of my home fulltime. Nice gig while it lasts, but I put in some serious hours. I always struggle to keep the hours to a minimum, yet maintain quality and success. My family is and always will be #1 for me. I love my wife ... she is my best friend (even though she was born in Pittsburgh!). My kids are the greatest. We have the absolute best time together. (now if we all can just get out of Pittsburgh!!!!)

One of these days I need to find a way to hook up with the guys on this board. That would be cool. It'll happen one of these years. Maybe we should all show up with Bengals jerseys, but with our own 'member name' on the back in true 'Ocho Cinco' fashion. I can see guys now ... is that you 'duus'! Too funny.

-duus-

I am a Registered Client Service Associate for Smith Barney in Toledo. I would with one of the big hitters here in the branch. I do a majority of the behind the scenes work and while he brings them in I keep them running smooth.

Im Brandon I just turned 21 on the 14th, I was born in Dayton, now live in Piqua, I am a Web Designer for a new computer shop in town, that a high school buddy opened this summer. I currently just finished working on the Piqua Area Chamber of Commerce web site, it was just updates though so it didnt cost alot to do it. And I plan on returning to Edison here in Piqua to finish what I started taking in High School at the Upper Valley JVS, Interactive Multimedia. But im in between Majors I havent really decided if im going to take IM (Interactive Media) or if im going to change to Graphic Design since I enjoy the art part of it so much. Anyway thats me.

I work in Kobe, Japan. This is the city that Kobe Bryant was named after. I am an English teacher for a small private school. I studied at Northern Kentucky University and the University of Louisville. Although I have a social studies and language study background, most of my professional work has been in IT. I formerly managed servers and workstations for a large credit card company. I also worked in the government sector for the US Army and Kentucky Dept. of Agriculture. Damn, sounds like I should have some money... but I don`t!

• 2 months later...
One of these days I need to find a way to hook up with the guys on this board. That would be cool. It'll happen one of these years. Maybe we should all show up with Bengals jerseys, but with our own 'member name' on the back in true 'Ocho Cinco' fashion. I can see guys now ... is that you 'duus'! Too funny.

-duus-

That's a hell of a good idea, especially with the off season coming up. Of course myself living out here in Arizona, it would be difficult, but I've already hooked up with another member out here (Boobie Clark) near Phoenix and we've caught a few games together at each others homes. Short of going to the game in person, there is no better way to watch them IMHO!

by way of Alter HS

Not that it means much of anything, but you're about the 300th person I've seen claim Alter as his/her alma mater. It seems like half of the Dayton area attended that school, my father and countless school teachers included. It's not all that big, at least as far as I know, so I suppose it's just an interesting coincidence.

by way of Alter HS

Not that it means much of anything, but you're about the 300th person I've seen claim Alter as his/her alma mater. It seems like half of the Dayton area attended that school, my father and countless school teachers included. It's not all that big, at least as far as I know, so I suppose it's just an interesting coincidence.

Alter class of '83. St. Charles '79. Some of the alleged Alter alums are legit. I have come across alums in business meetings in some of the weirdest places The rest are just envious. What other school in Dayton would you want to claim to be from?

If your dad's within about ten years of me, he probably knows a sibling or cousin of mine. Feel free to email me directly and we'll see if we've got world's colliding.

I do hope you make pizza at the Marion's in Vandalia.

I grew up on a small farm in Northwest Ohio. I have been a Bengals fans as far back as I can remember being interested in watching the game.

I graduated from BGSU in 1991 with a environmental studies major, water resource managment minor.

I worked for 14 years in a small glass factory. I have been working as a state certified lab analyst/ class II water plant operator for the past 4 years now. I recently passed the state exam for my class I wastewater license and will soon begin studying for the class III water test.

I was married for the first time in 1990 and had one son with a woman I now consider to be related closely to the devil. A little over 1 year after my divorce in 1997, I married my current wife. She is a perfect match for me, even though she is almost 10 years younger than I am. I now have 2 sons and 1 daughter that I love very much, ranging from the ages of 15 years to 3 months old. There is no better way to watch a football game than with your loved ones. For our anniversary last season my wife surprised me with tickets to the game in Detroit to watch the Bengals clinch the division, I am a lucky man.