Look at what the raven fans think of our QB

DontPushMe

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sure that wasn't a Bengal's forum, posing as a Raven's forum? Maybe my attempt to talk down Palmer is as an over-cautious fan trying not to be a homer.

On the other hand, they all watched Palmer at his very best 15 minutes of the entire year when he took them to the wood shed in the 4th quarter. It's still nice to hear non-Bengal fans talk the guy up though.

DDDDDAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMMMMMMMMMNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That got me about as excited as anything I've read on this forum in a while...we haven't been that homeristic about Palmer...we don't really talk about him that much...maybe it's just because we are that confident about him.

The guys in the know are concerned about our O. They see how Palmer and crew shredded some people and I read a lot of "top tier" and "explossive" and "elite" in describing Palmer, Chad and the O.

Very nice...The AFC North knows a whoppin' is coming.

I don't see how any of the ravens fans can say anything bad about the browns. THEY ARE THE DAMN BROWNS. The crap team they ran out of town, and the one they still have. Yes Virginia, there is a Santa Clause, and yes that raven smells like cleveland.

Hey hey... They aren't the Browns, that wasn't necessary.

You'd have to be ignorant to think that Boller is in the same catagory as Palmer when it comes to quarterbacking.... Boller's best season in his career will be an average one in Palmer's when it's all said and done... Personally I think the Ravens will look to replace Boller after this season...

Personally I think the Ravens will look to replace Boller after this season...

I doubt he lasts that long. They drafted a QB this past draft. If he doesn't do something SOON with the decent corps of recieving he now has, (meaning NO MORE EXCUSES) look for his ass to find some sanded pine wood to sit on!

I am happy that we won that game in Baltimore. Jamal Lewis didn't play in that game. So it was a little hollow. They did give up 123 yards to Chester Taylor. I think he might have been out of gas by the 4th quarter. He had never carried the ball that many times before.

I do think with a little better D last year in games on the road, the 8-8 would have been better by 2 or 3 games. The Browns and Titans losses bothered me most. I really thought we should have won both Pittsburgh games. The Buffalo game really sucked.

Let us hope they can turn 4-5 of those losses into wins.

Don't Push Me, I'm still thinking nice, cuddly thoughts about you fro posting this...Here are my top 10 comments from Ravens Fans about us...

1. I'd say Carson Palmer. He was on fire for the latter part of last season. He's got a really nice touch on his throws, and generally has all of the physical tools needed. He threw a lot of INTs last year, but that should taper off this season with experience. He's got, by far, the best offensive talent around him- Chad Johnson alone is probalby going to be worth double digit touchdowns, TJ Houshmendzahdalphabet is a good #2, and Peter Warrick has the ability to put up numbers, provided that he's healthy. Rudi Johnson's a great running back as well, and probably doesn't get the credit he deserves. The Bengals are basically a poor man's version of the Colts

2. Palmer- They have a top 10 Offense easily. He will succeed. looks sharp, calm and confident (everything Boller isn't)

3. The only reason I am taking Palmer over Boller at this stage is that although I love our new WR corps, you have to respect what Chad Johnson can do. He owned our CB's last year.

4. I think Carson Palmer could wreak havoc in the NFL this year. He was playing very well the last half of the season.

5. Palmer is going to be an elite QB sooner rather than later. Their offense is spectacular and he has the ability to make every throw needed in the NFL to win.

6. Palmer : everyone knows how much I love his tools: He's the bext great QB waiting to explode; a more talented version of Troy Aikman..great arm, good mobility, good pocket awareness and beautiful touch and accuracy. He's going to be a Perennial Pro Bowler

7. There's no doubt that Palmer will routinely shred opposing secondaries, though. I dislike the Bengals as much as the next guy, but he and Chad Johnson are a pretty potent duo. If they weren't in our division, I'd probably root for them.

8. I saw the Bengals-Pats game last year, and Palmer was making sweet music with his WRs all day long. He threw an INT that was taken back to the house, but he was dicing the Pats up.

People forget how good of a game he had in the first Bengals game, although he threw 3 INTs. He still pased for over 300 yards and is extremely accurate with time. Then he passed for another 300 yards the second game and threw some of the best balls I've ever seen against us. If there is one young QB I would want on our team, it's him.

I think he's got it all and I actually get really worried when facing him and that offense he runs. I am getting that 90's Dallas Cowboy feeling and that the Bengal Offense has the looks of a juggernaut.

9. Oh, definitely. I really wish he weren't on the Bengals, because I absolutely love to watch the guy play. He will be a phenom- kind of a bold prediction, and his stats may not reflect it, but, like you said, watch the Pats game. He killed them. I agree with you- If I could have any young QB, I'd take Palmer over them all.

10. palmer is the only QB that has "it" in our division.

"People make excuses for us losing to them, but the fact is, they (read: Carson Palmer) whipped our asses in our house, and are no longer a pushover, guaranteed-to-beat kind of team."

Just saw this on the Ravens message board. I can't help but feel all giddy reading this crap!!!

Went trolling...this is what a Browns fan said about us...nice to get some respect...

The Steelers will be lucky to win 10 games this year.

The Bengals..as much as it pains me to say it...i think they win the division why?

Carson Palmer is a better QB then Ben..Bottom line...Ben did not have to win any games on his arm alone, he had 1 sorta fluke comeback at Dallas...but heck the Steelers had a well established Running game during that game. Carson Palmer really came into his own last season and the kid won game son his arm, and quite frnakly during the last 6 games of the year, Carson Palmer played better then any other NFL QB including Brady, Also Palmer put up 30 some Points on New England;'s vaunted D pretty much on his arm alone

Mark my Words, Carson Palmer is the next Brett Farve, a "Gunslinger QB" that will win games on throwing the ball alone, Ben will a decent Qb will be lucky to be as good as Neil O"Donnel was, where as Carson Palmer will be just as good as Brett Farve soon, and he will probably start showing that next year, long as they keep Chad Johnson down there in Cincy, Palmer is gonna ahve a very happy time down there

It pained me to say that about Cincy, Im a Browns fan, i hate Cincy dearly, but Honestly..Cincy has the Best offense in the North Division and Honestly...i don't even think the Ravens D is gonna be able to stop the Bengals Offense from scoring atleast 28 points a game....Cincy's WR are pretty sweet Johnson, Warrick, and TJ are the best receving Trio in this division and quite honestly, if Cincy gets rolling early, they could be the next 99 RAMS, they won't need a Great D to win a championship because if you can put up 28-35 points a game, it won't matter, and if cincy gets hot early, look out...they could be the next 99 rams

Being a Browns fan i would rather see cincy win the divison that Pitt of Baltimore. The Browns do have a chance of winning this divison, but alot of things have to go right for us to be able to do so, our O-line has to open holes in the running game and give dilfer a chance to throw, our WR must catch and Edwards needs to make a big impact in the passing game, our D Romeo needs to devise New England like gameplans and pretty much hide our weaknesses and stymie the other team, all of this is possible....but unlikely

Every team has a chance, the season hasn't even started yet..but i think the Browns have a shot of atleast going 7-9 or 8-8..but division winner, i wish

Well, the Ravens are still the root of all evil, but at least their fans are intelligent and there was a distinct lack of homerocity in a majority of the posts.

I wonder if they will still be saying that after another CP slapdown like they got last year. The way that it looked on there today, I think that they might. :player:

"Postal, I saw the Bengals-Pats game last year, and Palmer was making sweet music with his WRs all day long. He threw an INT that was taken back to the house, but he was dicing the Pats up.

People forget how good of a game he had in the first Bengals game, although he threw 3 INTs. He still pased for over 300 yards and is extremely accurate with time. Then he passed for another 300 yards the second game and threw some of the best balls I've ever seen against us. If there is one young QB I would want on our team, it's him.

I think he's got it all and I actually get really worried when facing him and that offense he runs. I am getting that 90's Dallas Cowboy feeling and that the Bengal Offense has the looks of a juggernaut."

Probably my favorite post over there.

I liked the irony of a DPM post including comments about Rudi Johnson being a great back who doesn't get the respect he deserves. :lol:

In regards to Palmer, I actually called him the NFL's next elite player prior to the Bengals drafting him so my saying it again doesn't automatically make me a homer. That said, I am. (No apologies offered.)

My only question about the comments made in the thread deals with a Raven posters QB rankings mentioning someone nicknamed.....ebola mop. Not exactly sure who the player being dinged on that one was. Anybody got a guess?