Burrow to be on Manning-case tonite

membengal

It'll be fun if Joe has an opportunity to talk about the game at hand a little bit (Pats/Cards), from a broadcaster kind of perspective. Mac Jones was being compared with him a little bit, even if that was always dumb, so he might have a unique stylistic viewpoint about his decisions in the pocket.

32 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Mac Jones was compared to Joe Burrow ?? No disrespect but, BWAAAAAHAAAAHAAAAAA !!!

Yeah. Both he and Kenny Pickett were placed in the Joe Burrow bucket by some draft "experts" as the "mechanically sound winners that don't wow you with athleticism" archetypes.

I would love to hear how the experts measure the “It” factor in their stats ?? Or maybe leadership abilities ?? You know, all the things that Burrow has and many QB’s lack, but can’t be discussed because stats don’t support them.

If what Burrow has was easy to reproduce, Blaine Gabbert would have 4 Super Bowl championships by now.

Sometimes I really hate the talking heads…

what's more infuriating, army, is them pretending burrow is not athletic or prototypical in terms of size. that he somehow gets by on moxie as opposed to be being quite athletically gifted in his own right

3 hours ago, membengal said:

what's more infuriating, army, is them pretending burrow is not athletic or prototypical in terms of size. that he somehow gets by on moxie as opposed to be being quite athletically gifted in his own right

Oh I agree totally. “Swag” will only do so much. He’s smart and knows what to do with the ball the majority of the time. He has shown throughout both his college and pro career that he has the athletic ability, but it’s overlooked. Probably because he didn’t snub the Bengals like many of the talking heads were hoping he would.

Every time I hear a non-Bengals fan talk about Burrow, it’s always about how much talent he had around him at LSU. While that is in fact the case with the talent he had, someone was throwing those 60 TD’s at LSU, right? They also forget he ran for another 5 that year.

Yeah, he sucks….

That all said,. He was in the Manningcast (reserved for football A listers) and Good Morning Football is constantly talking up the Bengals.  Joe does his weekly thing with Colin Cowherd.  The more they win the more the aura around the team changes.  It is kinda like how Favre and Reggie White made a podunk shipping town in Northern Wisconsin sexy.

Burrow got sterotyped and never had multiple pro days or a scouting combine to dispell those assumptions.        You watch any of these QB breakdowns his arm strength is noted as very good and they note his athleticism.  

He's just not a "freak".      However his pre snap ability has always been his strength.    Then he is great at extending plays.  

To me that's the "it" factor.   I don't know how you measure it but Joe extends plays very well and makes it look easy.     Not to shit on Dalton, but Andy would constantly get out of pocket for no reason and then run himself into situations with no possible opportunity.

I don't know how Joe does it but when he's out of pocket he seems to know were an option is going to be.