2022 Schedule

Wraith

2 hours ago, membengal said:

For them to be sent to Europe will have to be one of the nine road games - who of our opponents is willing to give up the home gate against a Joe Burrow-led Bengals team coming off a Super Bowl?

Not really a concern. Vast majority of stadium revenues come from luxury boxes, PSLs and season tix, none of which will be any cheaper for one less home game. And then they can sell more regular tix at a place like Wembley (capacity 90k) than they could at home.

If memory serves me correctly, if the home team plays loses a home game playing overseas, the fans will see a reduction in price on season tickets and the organization gets compensated from the league for that loss.  I'm sure some would still not be happy about it, but I'm fucking pumped up and we don't even know if the Bengals are playing in Munich.  I've already looked into pricing the trip out because i'm fucking there !!!  I would think other fans would be equally as excited.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/10/2022 at 9:56 AM, membengal said:

For them to be sent to Europe will have to be one of the nine road games - who of our opponents is willing to give up the home gate against a Joe Burrow-led Bengals team coming off a Super Bowl?

Announced today…

Tampa Bay and the Bengals were listed as one of the potential teams to get that game.

One step closer to an awesome vacation !!!

2 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Announced today…

Tampa Bay and the Bengals were listed as one of the potential teams to get that game.

One step closer to an awesome vacation !!!

Seriously?!? Ugh... I'm not going to Europe to watch this game when it could have been two hours away.

They started with 9 possible teams expected to play in Tampa Bay this season, including the Bengals, and two more are ruled out due to being named to play in the UK.

So now we are down to the Bengals, Falcons, Ravens, Panthers, Chiefs, Rams and Seahawks as potential opponents of the Bucs in Munich.

What bullshit to deny  the homecoming game for Burrow and Chase. Would have been overrun with LSU fans and Bengals fans. Probably why Saints are working to get that game sent overseas...

21 hours ago, membengal said:

What bullshit to deny  the homecoming game for Burrow and Chase. Would have been overrun with LSU fans and Bengals fans. Probably why Saints are working to get that game sent overseas...

What bullshit to rob Amphar a repeat trip to the Big Easy.   They don’t want none after that 2014 victory.  

I’m sure my wife is involved getting this game moved. 

• 2 weeks later...

Listening to Joe Buck is one of the remedies my doctor supplied for insomnia. Thanks to that, I was able to get off Valiums and triple pours of Evan Williams.   Yep… Joe buck …. Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz….. OH!! Sorry!  I nodded off there just thinking about his voice …

On 1/3/2022 at 1:04 PM, Wraith said:

So your 2022 home games will be:

BALT, PITT, CLE, BUF, MIA, ATL, CAR, and KC

your 2022 away games will likely be:

BALT, PITT, CLE, NE, NYJ, TB, NO, TENN, and DAL

So now that we have made some upgrades, has anything changed about how we are going to finish  the season ??
Obviously, this team has the legit ability to beat any and all of these teams, but I don't see an undefeated season coming their way.

I will go with:

12-5 and the AFC North title
While they are certainly a Super Bowl contender, getting back is a challenge.
Let's just say I am hoping to enjoy 2022 as long as I did the 2021 season !!!

Another great thing about this Free Agency period;  there was no shortage of rival fans playing strength of schedule card and pointing out the Bengals will catch first place finishers.     Well all the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place AFC finishers are better on paper and the NFC East. 

I think SOS is one of the most overrated analysis for the NFL, but this is one talking head/rival fan things that has flipped since FA started.