Week 13: Chargers @ Bengals

HoosierCat

I know the Burrow picks have seemed like a lot - but I really had not paid much attention to the rest of the league and how INTs are going this year - feels like the rate is up... so I went looking:

Here are the top 15 QBs in terms of most INTS...

Tannehill 14 TDs and 13 INTs

Jackson 15 TDs and 12 INTs

Burrow 22 TDs and 12 INTs

Ryan 16 TDs and 11 INTs

Mahomes 25 TDs and 11 INTs

Darnold 7 TDs and 11 INTs

Wilson 4 TDs and 10 INTs

Lawrence 9 TDs and 10 INTs

Herbert 24 TDs and 10 INTs

Allen 25 TDs and 10 INTs

Stafford 27 TDs and 9 INTs

Heinicke 11 TDs and 9 INTs

Carr 16 TDs and 9 INTs

Brady 30 TDs and 9 INTs

Burrow's passer rating is 101.6. On the above list, only Stafford and Brady have better passer ratings.

All of which is to say, Burrow has been quite damn good, yesterday and this year. Better than I probably have realized. 

From Hobs:

STAT CHECK: With one touchdown pass and an interception Sunday, Burrow remains the AFC's leading passer and is on pace to break Andy Dalton's club records set in 2013 with 34 touchdown passes and 4,381 yards.

With 924 yards, Mixon is third in NFL rushing, 13 yards behind the injured Derrick Henry and more than 200 yards behind leader Jonathan Taylor. He's on pace to give Corey Dillon's club record of 1,435 a run with 1,428.

Rookie wide receiver Ja'Marr Chase hasn't had a 40-yard game since he had 201 last month in Baltimore. His 39 yards on three catches gave him 906, good for sixth and on pace to tie Justin Jefferson's NFL rookie record of 1,400 yards.

With 10.5 sacks, Hendrickson is 3.5 off the lead of Cleveland's Myles Garrett and just three off Carlos Dunlap's official Bengals season record of 13.5. Only Garrett (14), Watt (12.5), New England's Matthew Judon (11.5) and the 49ers' Nick Bosa (11) are ahead of him as he tries to add to his club record seven straight games with a full sack.

I guess those are nice numbers to chase for the players, but something tells me this team isn't as concerned about any of that.
They seem like it's entirely about the team.  If it's not, they aren't saying it and they certainly aren't showing it.

Who is going to feel good about any of that if they don't make the playoffs?
Be about something bigger.  Want to be adored by Bengals fans?  Win a playoff game.  Win a championship.