Sign in to follow this  
membengal

Camp Stuff ahead of Pre-season Game 3

Decent news here all things considered...

He was running with the 1s today, TJ. I think they know what they have in him, they want to see others there as much as possible is my guess to see where Jordan and Carmen are. 

• Like 1

Still trying to get a bite on Seibert in a trade I see...

12 minutes ago, membengal said:

He was running with the 1s today, TJ. I think they know what they have in him, they want to see others there as much as possible is my guess to see where Jordan and Carmen are. 

he played 4th string at TB

Yes. That's why I told you where he was running today and that the Bengals beat writers have said it was obvious from talking to the coaches that part of what was going on so far in camp and at Tampa was the coaches wanted to see Jordan and Carmen against the first and second strings but that didn't necessarily mean that XSF was truly last on depth chart. And today he was with the 1s. So, read into that what you will. Maybe he is being cut. Maybe he's the starter. I think it is as simple as they want to see what the competition has for him since they know what XSF brings.

You said you were "freaked out" over this. You can do whatever you want, but I am not sure freaking out is reasonable. 

When XSF originally signed it was a bit of a shrug since he's had a slightly below average career anyway. It'd be nice to have him playing well enough to at least provide depth, but he probably isn't going to make or break much.