The Knee

HoosierCat

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bring ALL the good news. ALL of it.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/31466861/cincinnati-bengals-joe-burrow-track-week-1-dr-neal-elattrache-says

"We are very happy with his recovery to say the least," ElAttrache said. "Notwithstanding the nature of his injury and extent of his reconstruction, his knee is performing perfectly.

"We just had him tested out here with a high-tech video and biomechanical evaluation and he was ahead of where we anticipated and well into the return to performance phase of his recovery. With him already performing this way, it's 'all systems go' for the start of the season."

On 4/21/2021 at 11:04 AM, Stripes said:

Yeah I listened last night. Mike Daniels was also on Jim Rome recently and voiced the same sentiments. He credited his enthusiasm in resigning with the Bengals to two primary factors:

1) “We got Joey Burrow at quarterback? I get to be a part of the defense of a young great.”

2) “THE COACHING man. Zac Taylor is amazing, man. There’s a reason these free agents are signing. I would run through a brick wall for him.”

Quotes are loose to my memory. Daniels was also glad to get the same coordinator in consecutive years, something he hasn’t had much lately. Whatever we think of Taylor and the staff as fans, it is beyond clear that the core players do not agree. Their enthusiasm is infectious and hopeful. I hope the staff proves them right.

The fungus in the pudding was Jim Turner.  Lot of guys on the line left.  Anarumo hasn’t won over many, if any, of the vets on D... well... actually they are all gone.  No one to win over now so here’s to this season!  

Just now, GapControl said:

The fungus in the pudding was Jim Turner.  Lot of guys on the line left.  Anarumo hasn’t won over many, if any, of the vets on D... well... actually they are all gone.  No one to win over now so here’s to this season!  

I guess Brandon Wilson is still around.  He may be the longest tenured defender and a Marvin hold over.  Bates is still really young and on first contract.