Bengals Statement on BLM Protests

HoosierCat

“What is any nation, after all- and what is any human being- but a struggle between conflicting, paradoxical, opposing elements- and they themselves and their most violent contests important parts of that One Identity, and its development?” - Walt Whitman 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Possible replacements:

Washington Redshirts (first Star Trek themed franchise)

Washington Skins (first human organ themed franchise)

Washington Reds (new mascot Joe McCarthy)

Washington Snyders (hey it worked for Paul Brown!)

Washington Georges (first President themed team)

Holy shit I’m on an Indians thing and they’re sending very clear signals - they’re changing their name.  I’ll miss it, but what can you say.  That old big nosed Indian mascot was racist as hell.  The more recent one, a little less offensive.    One cool thing I’ll miss was we kind of had a second name.  We just called the team the tribe.  It was like, “Hey tribe fans!  Stop by the right field bleachers for our 50 cent beer specials.  No kids after the 6th inning please since most of you will be blackout drunk by then!”

Now to think of the new name.  

• Like 1

Cleveland Freighters.  

Cleveland Lakers.

If they try to synthesize the rock and roll thing I’ll fucking barf. That Cleveland is a rock town thing is pretty played out.  Got them the hall of fame but everyone hates Cleveland so much that they don’t even hold the annual induction show/concert in Cleveland.  It’s funny, actually.

If it’s like the “Rockers” or something it will be a sad day.

Washington to announce name change today.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/29453631/source-redskins-announce-nickname-changed

Don’t know the new name but HC Ron Rivera wants it to somehow include the military, for whatever that’s worth. So maybe the Bullets is still in play...

41 minutes ago, COB said:

FedEx strong armed Snyder, they pay a ton of cash to him for stadium naming rights or whatever.

Tom Hanks played a FedEx employee in that stranded on an island movie.  Thus they should be called the Washington Castaways.

Washington Wilsons. With a volleyball for their logo.

• Like 2

Here in Indiana Holcomb delayed the full reopening, aka stage 5, which was supposed to happen July 4th weekend. it’s finally supposed to happen this week, but case numbers have been rising over the past week or so. The rolling seven day average is around 535 new cases a day, highest it’s been since March. So another delay wouldn’t surprise me. Still too many people not taking this seriously imo.

ETA and boom, press conference this afternoon, Holcomb extends stage 4.5 two more weeks.

DeWine is a chicken shit.  Just make the mask mandate for the whole state.
He's scared of the push back he's going to get.
Precipice of total disaster, but won't mandate the one thing most will agree upon to help the most.
I hate wearing a mask, but I do it all day at work and whenever I go somewhere in public.

It's not because i'm making a political statement, am a sheep, or part of a cult either.
It's common fucking sense...

I mean unless you really do think the wire in the mask is a 5G antenna that's killing you.
That apparently is far more plausible, right ??

• Like 1