2021 NFL Draft

impossible, you say?

this is the team that traded up for Vagina Carter

this is the team that drafted David Klingler and Akili Smith

this is the team that kept Carl Powell and let Reggie go. 

Even that level of crazy is possible

hopefully, the Panthers or the Broncos will make a big enough offer that even grampa SoaG will be roused from his long slumber

I've already notified both organizations to lead with a deluxe wash n wax package for the Lumina from Mike's car Wash, official car wash of the Bengals.and an extra well steak from Rubys, cut into small cubes, of course

43 minutes ago, TJJackson said:

thats an incredible haul for a qb who might well have simply been released

Seems unlikely he would have been released. He counts $4.7 million against the Jets cap whether he’s on the roster or not, and if not they have to spend more money/cap space on a new backup. I agree it’s a pretty good haul tho.

It is pretty clear based on Duke's comments that we are staying at five. Unless the trade back is maybe only to 7. Because he said they are in position to get a premier player and don't want to miss that. With Carolina now not needing a QB at 8, trading back to 9 would be dangerous because they could miss Chase and Sewell and Pitts. 

15 minutes ago, membengal said:

A chart from Daniel Jeremiah comparing the measurables on Slater and Sewell with last year's big 4 (still not seeing argument that Sewell is a unicorn):

Mem, you are totally right.  Looking at his tape I thought Sewell would crush the athletic measurements because that was what we saw on tape.  His results just do not look that dominant and that begs the question....why?  It is especially concerning because he sat out a year...did he not train, if so that is a huge warning sign.  I started this process as "happy with any of the three" but I have really come around to the position as I am happy with any of the two, being Pitts or Chase.  BTW Chase's RAS is 9.81 which is VERY good especially at an athlete position like WR.  Pitts is a 9.64 also extremely good.

• Like 1

The bullshit part is that not drafting Sewell means that. It is starting to piss me off. It’s so lazy. 

I am done with this. Gonna take a break. They should draft chase and then hit o-line twice somewhere at picks 38, 69 and 111.

• Like 1

IF they take Sewell and Marshall and Bateman are both long gone (like I expect) by their pick in the second round, I would rather they take another o-lineman at 38 than select a WR who profiles to the slot or otherwise reach for a WR who plays the outside but who should go a round or two later.

The depth of this draft at 38 and 69 is at o-line and d-line. IF they go Sewell, they need to lean into that depth and hope to get some project WRs in 4th - 7th rounds.

It is not my preferred course of action, but what they should do if they go Sewell in 1. 

As always, no reaching.