Anderson, Riley Screwed Again

HoosierCat

Cincinnati doesn't have huge market, fan base, and sports media.   In addition they are surrounded by multiple markets in a 5 hour drive.    Add that into the franchises reputation and it boils down to Bengal players have to leave no doubt for major awards.    Something like the Hall of Fame for the Bengals had to something Anthony Munoz obvious.    If it's not, then the detractors will be quick to dismiss vs. going to deeper to look past some holes in the resume.

You are seeing that with Joe Burrow.   The over whelming perception is that the Bengals will ruin Burrow.  Heck a lot of our own fan base feels that way.     Very rarely are people going to look deeper.   I don't think I've heard 1 national media person point out Carson Palmer led more Bengal teams to the playoffs than any of his other teams.   He had 1 season healthy he led the Cardinals to playoffs. The other Cardinals playoff season he was hurt early.   As for much as Dalton gets ragged on in the national media, he was apart of 5 playoff teams and was a fringe MVP candidate in 2015.   Dalton has had his playoff success because was surrounded by great talent.  

Instead everyone reverts back to Akili Smith BS.  

Of our current possible Bengals:

AJ Green - Nope.  He'll need a couple more monster seasons and a Superbowl.

Atkins - Nope.  He'll need 100 career sacks and a Superbowl.

Dunlap- Nope.   He'll need 100 career sacks and a Superbowl.

It's proven that a Bengal player will not advance to the Hall of Fame level just based on stats.   They'll fall into the same hole Riley and Anderson do.   Nice players but their stats were because of this and that AND it's not Hall of Good type arguments.

Bengal players have to leave no doubt.

• Like 1

So I know I'm preaching to the choir on this but I just went through some lists about HOF per team.

The recent expansion teams have 0 players - Jag, Panther, Texans.   Baltimore has 2.    But this is crazy and really proof of the bias towards Cincinnati Bengals players

This is not to say those players are not worthy but come on man!

The Atlanta Falcons have 2 players in the HOF?  You can't find 1 more Cincinnati Bengal that's worthy to match them.  

The New Orleans Saints have 4 players in the HOF?  This is from their "bad" era none of the recent Saints are in yet.   You can find 4 Saints from the 80s/90s to shove in the HOF, but only 1 Bengal?   Bullshit.   4 fucking Saints players from the 80s and 90s!!!!!!!!   One Bengal.  

3 Tampa Bay Buc.players   What the hell?  Sapp and Brooks from their 1 Superbowl appearance.  Leroy Selmon from the 70s Bucs  and then Tony Dungy.

4 Seattle Seahawks!!!!!  Not from their current greatest era, BUT from the 70s/80s/90s  WTF?   You can find 4 of them and only 1 Bengal.

4 Patriots!  Again not from the Bill and Brady years, but from the 70s/80s.   1 Bengal, huh? 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...