2020 Offseason Roster Moves

HoosierCat

2 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

I think the delay is related to getting them on site.    Burrow was reportedly going to be at PBS for the first time on Tuesday.

I’d expect things to move quickly and if they don’t after this week then I’d start to worry. 

It clearly was related to that - but they were on-site yesterday and several got done. I just don’t want to hear they are fucking around with him over certain special language they want.

5 minutes ago, membengal said:

It clearly was related to that - but they were on-site yesterday and several got done. I just don’t want to hear they are fucking around with him over certain special language they want.

IF — and I stress IF — there are any actual points of contention, I’d expect them to be over how and when Burrow gets his coin. This deal is almost certain to be 100 percent guaranteed, and the Bengals have a history of crying poverty about cash on hand to pay guaranteed coin. Burrow’s representation will naturally want as much up front as possible, the Bengals will want to spread the hit out on more favorable terms to them. In any event I expect it to get done. At the end of the day the Bengals also have a long history of bending over backwards to make their QBs happy and Burrow won’t be an exception.

16 minutes ago, membengal said:

Not gonna happen, IMO.    The Leah Steinberg vs. Mike Brown pissing matches at the expense of client/New Franchise QB are long gone, I hope.

• Like 1

The family must still be on vacation at their private COVID-free island or something...

I'm still not worried about it, but there's no reason not to have Burrow done.
They know last year's #1 contract and both the #2 and #3 have already signed from this year's draft.

Same thing with Higgins.  #32 and #34 have both signed and you know what #33 got last year.

I can only assume they are waiting to get them in the building ??
Stupid COVID...

• Like 1

That's not it - they have been in the building (or near it) for Covid testing. And four other rookies signed. This is something else. The reporters claim there is nothing to raise an eyebrow at, but we are a week after the initial group of signings and they are still not in...

Well, the news I tossed in the Burrow thread about him training recently with Ross suggests that whatever is holding things up isn’t a big deal, at least to Camp Burrow. I wouldn’t be surprised if part of it is the Bengals hoping to find out how the cap will be impacted in 2021 and beyond. These will be the last two big deals the Bengals do this year probably and if the cap is going to fall next year (and just cancelling preseason means it will if I understand things correctly) they will likely want to carry over as much as they can. Which of course would be helped by resolving the aforementioned signing bonus issue (IF it exists) in the team’s favor.

40 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

6 (including Burrow) first round picks haven't signed yet.
Would rather have it done, but at the same time, not worried.

Actually down to 4, including Burrow.

Actually, down to 3 unsigned first round picks now.

Camp doesn't really start tomorrow, altho I do think it is the first day, assuming clean Covid tests, that rookies can be in the building and working out.

15 hours ago, HoosierCat said:

Who?

Fine by me. We are not looking for someone to compete for the job, but someone who can know the basics if he has to start. And I wanted someone veteran enough to help talk things through with Burrow.