Upcoming Games Notes

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, Stripes said:

It's a good bet our week 16 opponent (Miami) will look pretty different by the time we see them.  Everyone wants out of that tanking mess.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/dolphins-players-reportedly-trying-to-get-out-of-miami-following-week-1-blowout-loss/

I love the last line of that story.  Oh by the way, New England is coming to town next week.

So Ben is damaged, Brees looks like a long term thumb thing, Luck retired, Cam Newton is a dried out husk, yet somehow Tom Brady keeps throwing great and looks like he’s 28 years old.  Oh, and he just bested his combine time in the shuttle run.  What a mystery!

The QB position in the nfl is about to go through a major changing of the guard.  Andy’s going to be a top ten guy before you know it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, COB said:

So Ben is damaged, Brees looks like a long term thumb thing, Luck retired, Cam Newton is a dried out husk, yet somehow Tom Brady keeps throwing great and looks like he’s 28 years old.  Oh, and he just bested his combine time in the shuttle run.  What a mystery!

The QB position in the nfl is about to go through a major changing of the guard.  Andy’s going to be a top ten guy before you know it.

New guard taking over - Mahones, Jackson, Watson,  Mayfield etc.., etc.., 

Rooting for a top 2 pick next year, and a new QB at least, which may be tough with the NFL just having so many crappy teams, but I think this Bengals' team can do it if they don't try hard enough. 

2 minutes ago, Stripes said:

So, cue Ben's retirement and a down year for Pittsburgh as we enter a strong QB draft class.

Just like 2004.

Meh.

We're worse than Pitt is even w/o Ben, have some faith! What we're seeing right now is a rebirth of 90's Bengals' Football with their new coach Zac Shula, who is slowly but surely watching his career get flushed down Mike Brown's drain like every other HC that's worked for him.

1 hour ago, Stripes said:

So, cue Ben's retirement and a down year for Pittsburgh as we enter a strong QB draft class.

Just like 2004.

Meh.

Once he's out of football I see Ben spiraling into a Curt Schilling-like existence.  Will end up reviled by his own fan base after he says a bunch of stupid things revealing himself to be the selfish douche his teammates all know he is.  He's actually a lot like Schilling, over-dramatizing every injury just like Schilling (bloody sock game, anyone?), doesn't give a crap about anyone but himself, etc.  

And I think deep down Ben knows all this.  So I think he'll refuse to retire, he'll just keep showing up.

2 hours ago, Stripes said:

Just like 2004.

Meh.

By all reports Pitt really likes Rudolph. They traded up to get him because they were afraid the Bengals would grab him. So they now have a 14 game tryout to see what they’ve got. 

As for the Bengals, I have complete faith that they will win just enough games to miss out on any blue chip prospect, especially QB.