Andrew Luck Retires

Yeah, I can’t hold it against him either. He’s now dealing with ongoing pain and injury issues, and has millions in the bank?  Yeah, I’d probably bail and focus on my health, too, no matter how much I loved the sport. Sometimes it surprises me that this doesn’t happen more often, but then I recall how back at his age I never really thought about getting old and breaking down. You’re young and immortal and that’s gonna last forever, right?  Over the weekend I was sitting on the kitchen floor putting some new handles on the cabinets and when it was time to stand up I had to scoot my ass across the floor, into the hallway and over to the stars down to the lower level so I could stretch out my legs and use the bannister to pull myself up. I’m fucking decrepit. So yeah, good on you Andrew. Enjoy your life.

I don't fault Luck if he wasn't aware of the full extent of his health woes until this week.  There's nothing he can do about it if that's the case.  I also understand why Colts fans would be pissed though.  These people bought game tickets and season tickets weeks or months ago fully anticipating that they'd have Andrew Luck at QB.  Now they feel like they've wasted a huge crapload of money.  That sucks.

• Like 1

Yeah, I do feel for the fans because they thought he would be the starter.  I'm still left to wonder how long the Indy front office truly knew what he was thinking ??

29 ??  Yeah, I was the proverbial 10 foot tall and bullet proof.  I had no pain and was a young Soldier looking for a fight seemingly at every turn.
Fast forward to today at 49 and i'm much like Hoosier.  I think I sprained my ballsack when I sneezed yesterday and Froot Loops give me heartburn.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Man, the NFL media is just about writing Cam Newton’s obituary this morning.

I didn’t see it but he apparently had a rough outing last night.  Throw in how physically beat up Cam is (reports are his arm looks like shit, can’t drive the ball downfield on any long routes) along with Andrew Luck bailing out of the league, and one comes to the following conclusion: Andy is remarkably resilient.  His injuries have been pretty serious, but every time he comes back he looks damn good.  His attitude never seems to suffer, he’s like an eternal optimist.  It’s a given that he’s struggled in big games, but let’s all face the reality that our coaching staff got out prepared and out schemed every time.  Marvin sucks.  When it comes to the mental game and the intangibles, Andy is up there with Brady and Brees.