Changing Things With Free Agents / Draft

ArmyBengal

I will probably never understand why the Bengals gave Hart such a big contract

I get that starting quality OTs are in short supply right now........but he is nowhere near starting quality and he was paid like a quality starter.

If they figured they couldnt get anyone better, ok, i can understand that given the shortage.....but.......they could have had him for half or less of what they actually are paying him, in my opinion

On 5/21/2019 at 11:31 AM, TJJackson said:

They should be trying Glenn at ORT right now to make sure it works

Glenn at ORT almost has to be an improvement over Hart

They have several a couple of veteran players who can fill (and need lots of practice reps) at OLG while Boling is out - Westerman, Redmond, and Hopkins

What they dont have is a reliable ORT

corrected statement

10 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

I saw the Bengals are said to be interested in Gerald McCoy who was released from the Bucs. They did bring in Danny Shelton, who went back to the Patriots, so you have to think there’s reason to see what’s what there.

McCoy is getting looks all over the league.   The Bengals, as usual, will likely be just leverage.  

No. 1. Hart didn’t get a big contract.  Hart got a market deal with it slightly increased in year 1 in exchange for team control for 2 years beyond.    

No risk beyond year 1 for a team at the time had 2 tackles and now obvious they will give him first shot to start this year. 

His numbers look bigger because of cap growth. 

No. 2 Mcoy!  Motherfucker!  He isn’t coming here.   I don’t care that they have interest and I don’t care that he says he has interest in them.  Not happening. Never ever does.    Welcome him to Cleveland.