Melvin given go ahead to coach as long as he wants per Schefter

cincyhokie

"If the Denver Broncos part ways with head coach Vance Joseph, he is expected to emerge as a candidate for the Cincinnati Bengals’ defensive coordinator job and potentially even their head coaching job when Marvin Lewis decides he has had enough of coaching, a league source tells ESPN."

https://thebiglead.com/2018/12/23/cincinatti-bengals-marvin-lewis-decide-when-he-wants-to-stop-coaching/

Possibly this is a passive-aggressive way to nudge Marvin.  

After all, an alternative course of action is to expressly endorse Marvin and state, “We absolutely want Marvin to coach next year and intend to exercise our option.”  

Maybe this is Mike avoiding being retraumatized by reliving his dad’s firing.  

The missing component in Mike’s logic?  Me.  I’m retraumatized every year by this crap organization.  Marvin’s coaching is about to earn him his 7th consecutive loss to the Steelers.  I should probably send Mike a bill for the treatment I need for the PTSD and various other syndromes I probably have from watching the crap he runs out there every year.  

Gosh, Marvin can coach as long as he wants.  Glad there’s absolutely no conflict or hard feelings whatsoever in the front office at PBS.  Mike sucks as an owner, that’s never been more apparent than today.  Marvin is just a benign growth on a diseased body.

• Like 1

Not a shock.  They loved Vance when he was here.

With all the Marvin flunkies coming home it signifies Marvin returning as coach next year.   

Next year then takes on “a bachelor” type feel as two contestants vie for Marvin’s love and to be the next Cincinnati Bengals Head Coach. 

17 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Not a shock.  They loved Vance when he was here.

With all the Marvin flunkies coming home it signifies Marvin returning as coach next year.   

Next year then takes on “a bachelor” type feel as two contestants vie for Marvin’s love and to be the next Cincinnati Bengals Head Coach. 

Ugh,  make it all stop, because none of that would surprise me.   What bothers me most, is that it's just more of the same.  16 years of this nonsense is more than enough already.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Ugh,  make it all stop, because none of that would surprise me.   What bothers me most, is that it's just more of the same.  16 years of this nonsense is more than enough already.

Another year of not giving a shit, great can't wait, only been this way for the last couple of years, in prepared. 

I don’t think Mike understands the effect bringing back Marvin/Hue will have in his fan base.  

Support for this team will collapse.  The years in the desert around the millennium/90s were bad, but there was still some feeling of civic pride in the Bengals.

But society has changed.  There are so many more options now, demands on our time and attention have multiplied.  

In a certain sense, there wasn’t a whole lot else to do on a Sunday afternoon in 1995.  Thanks to the internet, smartphones, iPads, and various other developments, times Now are very different.  

Business schools may make a case study of Mike’s decision this offseason.  I believe support for the Bengals will reach a tipping point and will fall to a level Mike never contemplated.  

The closest thing I can think of to attending a Bengals game is playing golf.  Takes 4 hours, Sunday is a typical day for it, and it probably involves a few beers.  Ask someone in the golf industry what the changes in our society have done to their business.

Something else to consider is the Cincinnati will have a shiny new MLS soccer team and their season overlaps the football season for two months.  

The support for FC Cincinnati is no small thing. They have had success, have been making moves to improve, and costs are not the same as a Bengals game.

I think the Bengals are in trouble from that perspective without big changes in the coaching staff !!

11 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Something else to consider is the Cincinnati will have a shiny new MLS soccer team and their season overlaps the football season for two months.  

The support for FC Cincinnati is no small thing. They have had success, have been making moves to improve, and costs are not the same as a Bengals game.

I think the Bengals are in trouble from that perspective without big changes in the coaching staff !!

Yep. You nailed it. Bengals fatigue is a real thing. Especially now that people have more choices than ever for entertainment. The Reds are actually trying to win and FC Cincinnati will be a huge draw with alot of energy in the city going to that team.

The Bengals can either get on board or choose to get lapped. 

I’d go to an FC Cincinnati game before a Bengals game in almost every given circumstance. That crowd is fun and the team has been good. I know I’m really looking forward to this upcoming MLS season. My time as a “Die Hard” Bengals fan is over.

They will always be my team and I will always root for them to do well.  I just don’t care at this point. 

Hey Quadrad if Mediocrity...... Want me to care again ?? Fire Melvin, address the o-line and LB corps in both free agency and the draft, then make it back to the playoffs. That’s when I tune back in.

Until then, I’ll spend my money elsewhere.

On 12/28/2018 at 1:25 PM, COB said:

I hope they bring Marvin back, because if they do it will destroy the bengals.  I will harvest the life force of a dying Bengals organization, then I’ll use that power to become an immortal force for limitless evil in the universe forever.

This plan is still in place, depending on who they hire.