Positivity Thread - What to look forward to

cincyhokie

Westerman...

He tied for the highest rating in run blocking of any offensive interior lineman THIS WHOLE SEASON.
His was only the 3rd time this season that a linemen did not allow a single QB pressure.

Yeah, put him back on the bench until he can figure this shit out !!!
That sound about right for this coaching staff.

• Thanks 1

Westerman proves that, once again, Marvin plays his vets and sits certain guys for no reason.  Then if the press asks him about it, condescending down-talk results.  Fuck Marvin. 

I can't imagine what will happen if Mike brings Marvin back, or, in a nearly identical move, kicks Marvin upstairs and gives the HC job to Marvin's idealogical twin, Hue Jackson. 

The fan base, as it is, will revolt.  

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, COB said:

Westerman proves that, once again, Marvin plays his vets and sits certain guys for no reason.  Then if the press asks him about it, condescending down-talk results.  Fuck Marvin. 

I can't imagine what will happen if Mike brings Marvin back, or, in a nearly identical move, kicks Marvin upstairs and gives the HC job to Marvin's idealogical twin, Hue Jackson. 

The fan base, as it is, will revolt.  

Nailed it.

He plays favorites. Imagine what that can do to a locker room. And what it does to set a tone of "no accountability". 

Hired by an owner who is not proactive and accountable. If Marvin sticks around, he might as well remain HC because nothing will change.

In Mike Brown's efforts to retain "contol" and autonomy of his family business, he's let it go off the rails while being bamboozled by a has been HC who lives in the year 2000. 

God help us all and fuck Melvin Lewis.

Here's a positive spin to keep this thread true to it's title:

While the sting of apathy from the lost decade remains, it won't happen again.  

We might get shittier before we get better but with the age of information and social media, nobody can hide anymore. If things do get worse, i.e. Hue hired, the stadium will get as empty as GABP in September.  I don't care what people say, Mike Brown won't tolerate a lack of season tickets.

People aren't as dumb as they used to be.  Thanks to Twatter and Facespace.  

I feel positive that I’ve learned to let go of my expectations.  I can watch the Bengals get their asses handed to them for 4 quarters and all I feel is a little bemusement, plus I still enjoy watching the good things our guys do.  

And not to be hard hearted or anything, but Mike’s inevitable mental decline, if not his straight up incapacitation or death, seems imminent.  Not many 83 year-olds can run a complex, multi-million dollar enterprise.  Even fewer 84 and 85 year-olds can.  

I feel positive that the morning wood I catch in my 40's is no longer a result of hormones coursing through my body, but rather directly attributable to the amount of whiskey I drink.
Not quite Bengals related, but there are no positives about the Bengals, so I went with the next thought in my head.

• Sad 1

27 minutes ago, Stripes said:

I knew they'd win.  They'll beat Cleveland next week too.

A truly abysmal finish is too much to ask for.

Naw I don't think that will happen

1 hour ago, semiotter said:

Naw I don't think that will happen

Yeah on the road, not sure they're going to beat a more motivated Browns' team.  Pitt's a guaranteed loss. 

Makes 3 losing seasons in a row for Marvin.  Would then have a sub-.500 record in December for his career here,  to go along with 15 years and zero playoff wins.

3 hours ago, cincyhokie said:

Good news.

The Bengals have only dropped one spot in the draft order. They are at #12 up from down from #11.

Is this one spot from where we were before the weekend games?  Or one spot from where we’d have been if we’d won today?

5 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Browns acted like asses winning in Cincinnati.  My guess is a competitive game.

Ha ha!  No, the immense pride our team supposedly has is not going to rise up and drive them to victory against the Browns.  Sorry I just don’t believe there is much there.  We’re a broken down team playing out the string.  

I hope you guys are right.  One embarrassment Marvin has never suffered is being swept by the Browns.  So bring on the brooms.

I'm not getting my hopes up though.  It would be exactly like the Bengals to go into Cleveland beat them in a meaningless game.  I don't think the Browns are a good team, so even the trash Bengals can catch them napping.  I hope Cleveland rips their heads off.