Positivity Thread - What to look forward to

cincyhokie

Oh I'm TOTALLY rooting against them and it's not for draft positioning.  I just hope they fucking lose.
I hope it drives people away in droves.  I hope they have to do ticket giveaways and people still don't show up.
I hope people get so pissed off they bail on their season tickets.

I expect 1-3, with a win against the Raiders, in their last four games of the season.
I'm seriously rooting for them to get drilled by the hapless Raiders as well, closing out the season with an 8 game losing streak.

I'm also "positive" they have given up on Ogbuehi.
Glenn is inactive and instead of calling up Cedric while in dire need, they push Boling out to LT and have Hopkins take the LG spot.
Why is this dude still on the roster ??  Seriously, if they can't activate him in that scenario, he should just be cut.

Did you know that things could be worse?

Yep

Hard to believe, but the player we wanted (if you believe Lapham, and I generally do) instead of Billy Price is actually performing far, far worse than Billy Price

https://lionswire.usatoday.com/2018/12/05/frank-ragnows-bad-day-vs-aaron-donald-earned-him-terrible-pff-grade/

Oh, and Army? Yeah, we need receivers too, but I still want to see Tate and Malone out there more, albeit for my money John Ross and Cody "cant catch a football even if it were made from industrial adhesive" Core can share a cab to the airport with Oogie at this point. Use the r7 pick for that speed receiver you want, I guess

I'm going to watch it.  Pretty much have given up on the season, given up on winning.  Just watching to see the players I like play.  Also, the broadcast could cut away to the stands as an ambulance crew transports a very elderly gentleman from the owner's guest box.  One never knows.  

Watched the broncos game coaches film up to the first points scored or so.  It was probably the best I’ve seen the defense play at any given point since the Ravens game at the first of the year.

Vigil was a failure that game. If he represents the quickest player at LB, it was over before the year started.  He’s not quick because he is always hitting the carrier two or three yards deep into the play be it in a running hole or a receiver pattern.  I couldn’t figure out why until I caught him hesitating.  In that game, he was just following around the TE or a motion guy from end to end.  Burfict was keying on the running back. In nearly every play he just couldn’t decide where to go quickly enough so it slowed him down.  Then he invariably would get blown up by the G or C and then finished off by a back.  His greatest fault is his indecision.  Combine that with him not evading interior lineman and you have a terrible LB.

I don’t think it was all because of injury and rust.

Update on Chargers game - pretty much everyone on our team is injured, Phillip Rivers uses voodoo and other incantations to dominate every game, Marvin’s so locked into his job that he laughs at reporters who ask him about his status, and the eighty dollar color rush Eifert jersey that is on the close out rack for thirty five bucks at the Dick’s in Heath will have to stay there until they drop it to twenty, then I’m buying it.

Get pumped!

Just because we have a little downturn for 27 years, and just because we are starting to use the geologic time scale to keep track of good Bengal teams (Cenozoic Era will probably be over by the time Marvin leaves and we get a good team again), and just because Mike seems to almost gleefully defy conventional wisdom and the wishes of his own fan base, and just because all our good players are hurt, you guys don’t want to get pumped?

Get pumped!

Are you ready?

The Bengals have moved up to #11 in the draft order.

The Raiders beat the Steelers possibly sending the Steelers out of the playoffs (Patriots, at Saints, Bengals) 8-7-1.

The Raiders are on a roll and should beat the Bengals next week almost guaranteeing a 5-11 season and a top 10 draft pick.

YES

• Like 2

2 hours ago, COB said:

Entertrainment Junction has more sophisticated strategy lining up kids to see Santa than Marvin and Hue have trying to win a game with a 2 point conversion.

Well, we had a great time with the kids and they loved the whole day we spent playing around like none of us had ever heard of a team called the Bengals !!!

I saw the men in black and orange didn’t let me down again either. Yawn....

All of Bengaldom complains about our crappy line and wishes Marvin would play Westerman.  Marvin won’t because he’s Marvin.  Injury forces him to play Westerman last week against the Chargers.  

PFF evaluates The game, Westerman earns the highest grade of any Bengal that played in that game.  

So done with Marvin!  

This year has tested me. Started out good then blaa. Lost good players to injury but. To many holes to plug and the dam is really leaking. Get the life jackets out, all we got is the draft to look forward to.