A few things from last night

jonf45uk

Morning all, 

Had to watch the game this morning due to work, its so hard not looking at your phone!!!

Very glad to get the win, especially with the next couple games.....

OK, so a minute to go in the half, 28-7 up, and we throw 3 times?!!! WTF??? i get going for the jugular, but come on, have a tiny bit of common sense. That really looked like that was gonna come back and bite us.

Tyler Boyd. Good game, nice routes, looks like we've found a decent foil to A.J. 

Offensive line. Ravens had 6 sacks last week, none this week. Andy didnt look unduly troubled(especially to Flacco) and thus was able to have a mistake free game. Job well done against a good Defence, decent running lanes at times too. I Like what ive seen from Billy Price, hope hes good to go in week 3.

Sam Hubbard. Really like how he plays, disruptive all night, seemed to be all over the place. Whole D line played well, Dunlap was superb too.

Linebackers.

Need to learn to tackle (think i may have said that once or twice before ;) ) but on the whole did well, bearing in mind no Burfict of Brown.

Dre Kirkpatrick.

Can see why he never made WR........

And lastly 7. 

Shaun Williams. Made up for last weeks ejection with a solid game, good pick and possibly game winning sack. Great hunger and desire to get to Flacco, well done sir (thought Master Bates looked good too ;) )

Enjoy your 2-0 weekend guys :)

Jon

Firmly disagree with complaining over end of first half. For YEARS people (including me) have been all over Marvin for being too conservative to end the first half on offense. I won't be killing him over going for it, even if it didn't workout. You want them to win a playoff game? They need to have that mentality. Can't play scared. Need to go for things, even if they don't work out. Better chance that next time it will work out, I think. 

14 minutes ago, membengal said:

Firmly disagree with complaining over end of first half. For YEARS people (including me) have been all over Marvin for being too conservative to end the first half on offense. I won't be killing him over going for it, even if it didn't workout. You want them to win a playoff game? They need to have that mentality. Can't play scared. Need to go for things, even if they don't work out. Better chance that next time it will work out, I think. 

Its not so much an issue of them going for it, glad to see some fight, just thought after 2 failed passes thought it would be wiser to run it and take some time off the clock. Teams that win playoff games are usually smart enough to not let the other team get a chance before the half to swing momentum!!

I’m with mem on this one.  I’m sick of seeing Marvin teams turtle up with a lead, and I appreciated that they called plays with the confidence of a team that expects to dominate offensively.  I groaned a bit at the conservative fourth quarter actually, but they got the job done.

-To be fair people always complain if we play conservative with the lead,but ya at the time doesn't make much sense.

-Yup may need resign him soon or he's gonna walk like rest of greens 2#'s

-Few flags but yea overall looking good,Still have to get better in the rune game.

Yup both were stud's wondering what the heck has happened to Lawson this season.

Yup need both of those guys back defiantly sems like the weakest group on the team.

XD

And lastly 7. 

Yea Shaun surprised me that game made a few awesome plays. from what I was able to catch of the game.

I really don't have much to say.  They won and I'm happy about it.

MJ's out for a while, but boy we have some depth.

The linebackers suck.  Really looking forward to Brown and Burfict on the field together.
If Malik Jefferson still can't get in with Brown out, color me concerned.  Is he hurt or something ??

Price getting hurt sucks.

Huber is an amazing punter with 4 of 6 inside the 20 yard line.  Quite the weapon.

A lot of talent on this roster....

I haven’t watched 4th quarter yet, but will catch up tonight.  

Great win and so fun to hear Aikman and Joe Buck ooh and aah over our offense.

Overall such a smarter team and they play with enthusiasm.  Hubbard and Price in particular are infusing the team with positive energy.  I wasn’t happy to see Marvin take a passive aggressive swipe at  Price about his crowd pump up act while walking off the field after injury.  STFU Marvin, you poisoned the mental side of our team with players like Pac-Man and Burfict, then have the nerve to crack a guy like Price?  Sorry he’s a rookie who acts like he cares .

We overcame some questionable refereeing.  No squabbling or crying about it (except In my recliner), showed some real mental toughness.  

Specifically - How’s Dunlap get flagged for planking over Luck, then in booth official guy says it’s ok for the Ravens to full-on tackle Dalton after he’s already gotten rid of the ball?  Shit’s rigged.  Also, Ravens were handed a td on that 3rd down interference call.  Minor contact, and the ball was uncatchable.  I had to retire to my fainting couch and do my breathing exercises after that one.

1 hour ago, ArmyBengal said:

Mixon is thought to need scope surgery on his knee. Getting another opinion. FUCK !!!

Scope happening tomorrow and he's expected to miss two games.  Should return against Miamai, the same week as Burfict.

It sucks, obviously, but our RB depth is fantastic. Gio can carry the load for two games.