Sign in to follow this  
ShulaSteakhouse

Quenton Nelson

I just hope he is there, he is a once in a generation type talent who can make others around him look better.....I also keep hearing that McGlinchy is falling possibly out of the 1st.....would gobble them both up in a heart beat.

• Like 1

On 1/22/2018 at 12:06 PM, Wraith said:

I just hope he is there, he is a once in a generation type talent who can make others around him look better.....I also keep hearing that McGlinchy is falling possibly out of the 1st.....would gobble them both up in a heart beat.

Yeah - my hope is a Guard will drop as I can't remember the last G drafted in the top 10 (off the top of my head any ways).

Nelson is the best over-all lineman in years - and with a weak C and no RG on this team, seems like an obvious choice.   I assume they won't get anyone nearly as good in FA.  They need a LB in the worst possible way as well, but maybe FA or a mid-round pick could work there.

Take Nelson, the new CBA makes him work cheap for 4 years, 5 if you want to be a prick and exercise his option.   He's a guard, so what.  A can't miss starter is an almost must-take.  Lots of guys bust who were taken in the first half of the first.  This guy looks like he'll play, and be good, for sure.

• Like 1

On 1/24/2018 at 3:13 PM, COB said:

Take Nelson, the new CBA makes him work cheap for 4 years, 5 if you want to be a prick and exercise his option.   He's a guard, so what.  A can't miss starter is an almost must-take.  Lots of guys bust who were taken in the first half of the first.  This guy looks like he'll play, and be good, for sure.

Latest "good" mock draft I saw had him going just before the Bengals' 1st pick, with the Bengals' picking his teammate McGlinchy (I wouldn't have an issue with that and putting him at RT).

I know Hobson has the team taking a S in his recent mock but that’s like painting the walls anew while the house is on fire.

Nelson if he is there is great and the next pick has to be an OT.

Cant get out of the top 3 rounds without addressing OT.

Guard, Tackle, and Center must be the three top priorities.  If we can get a Guard or Center in FA it will free up what we do in the draft.  Would love to see them sign Andrew Norwell (Cincy kid) and Weston Richburg in FA, they should be spenders, they have to know it is the last chance with this core group.

Indeed as wonder what he could do over on the team if drafted.