Important to remember....playoffs 5 years

AMPHAR

They made playoffs. 2009, 2011-2015.

6 out of 7 years.

I’m sorry that doesn’t happen with incompetence or by luck. 

So it’s great to shit on assistant coaches staying or departing.

It’s important to remember what the problem IS....

Flat out choke jobs in the playoffs.  Unthinkable  choke jobs in the regular season games costing them seeding.

They had talent. Still do. They had great o-lines.  Great Defenses.  Had a lot of good stuff.

They suffered the last two seasons because the drafted WRs aren’t as good with Dalton as the FA losses.   The line isn’t good anymore because of 3 flop picks.

Marvin will separate himself from Management and pretend these things happened without his involvement.  

Having another division winning season isn’t far fetched.   The reason why they don’t have a Super Bowl appearance with all the talent they had is still here.  

Marvin isn’t a big game coach and the Bengals self impose a harder cap than their competition.

Good luck but he isn’t getting past the Pats or Steelers just because a couple assistants change.  

I keep hearing all of the people who really like Marvin because he's such a good guy in the community, continue to say that crap.

"Remember what it was like BEFORE Marvin came ??"
"He has taken this team to the playoffs and made it an expectation here."
"He won 4 AFC North titles and was the NFL coach of the year."

To that I continue to bring up only one need rebuttal.  0-7 in the playoffs.
I don't need to say anything else.  How can someone be THAT bad and continue to keep their job ??
If they are in the business of winning a Super Bowl here, I have to question the manner in which they are trying to achieve the desired result.

I want to lose about 25 pounds, but my current diet of biscuits and gravy, pizza, many cokes, beer and bourbon are not conducive to my desired result.
How do I plan on changing the outcome in 2018 ??  By eating and drinking more of the above.  I'm sure good things are sure to come my way if I just stick to it.
Well, only if by "good things" I mean diabetes, an enlarged heart, and an early death.

35 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

I keep hearing all of the people who really like Marvin because he's such a good guy in the community, continue to say that crap.

"Remember what it was like BEFORE Marvin came ??"
"He has taken this team to the playoffs and made it an expectation here."
"He won 4 AFC North titles and was the NFL coach of the year."

To that I continue to bring up only one need rebuttal.  0-7 in the playoffs.
I don't need to say anything else.  How can someone be THAT bad and continue to keep their job ??
If they are in the business of winning a Super Bowl here, I have to question the manner in which they are trying to achieve the desired result.

I want to lose about 25 pounds, but my current diet of biscuits and gravy, pizza, many cokes, beer and bourbon are not conducive to my desired result.
How do I plan on changing the outcome in 2018 ??  By eating and drinking more of the above.  I'm sure good things are sure to come my way if I just stick to it.
Well, only if by "good things" I mean diabetes, an enlarged heart, and an early death.

we all know the definition of insanity. so, that's where we are. 

If the Brown family can't see how or why there are so many team in the playoffs who were bad the year before then there's no hope. as it is, there's no hope.

You only have to point to Sean McVay to see what SHOULD happen: housecleaning. and it didn't so this garbage will continue. 

in the short tem, lets hope they sign a FA or two to the offensive line, grab a top LB or three in the draft and clean up the roster of the junk (Eifert, Ogbuehi, Fisher, Minter, Jones, Hill, Bodine, Smith, Winston)

Brown family doesn't give a shit. 

1.  They let the guy that fired their father and stole his team hoist the trophy before their father's second franchise

2. They sit feet away from the Rooney's every year in the owners meeting with their 6 Super Bowls and constant cheap shots on their paid for assets.  You never hear about confrontations

3. The stadium with their fathers name became an outdated dump and they don't lift a finger without county dollars

4. Mike Brown and Katie have to know Mike doesn't have too many years left.  So they basically flush their 50 th season by refusing to tag the left tackle.  A few million dollar difference

5. They make the best effort to date to honor the past this 50th year and watch become a joke opening day.  Fire the OC extend the HC

They don't give a shit

11 minutes ago, AMPHAR said:

Brown family doesn't give a shit. 

1.  They let the guy that fired their father and stole his team hoist the trophy before their father's second franchise

2. They sit feet away from the Rooney's every year in the owners meeting with their 6 Super Bowls and constant cheap shots on their paid for assets.  You never hear about confrontations

3. The stadium with their fathers name became an outdated dump and they don't lift a finger without county dollars

4. Mike Brown and Katie have to know Mike doesn't have too many years left.  So they basically flush their 50 th season by refusing to tag the left tackle.  A few million dollar difference

5. They make the best effort to date to honor the past this 50th year and watch become a joke opening day.  Fire the OC extend the HC

They don't give a shit

They care about something. 

They truly don't care about what we care about.  

Won't pay Reggie Nelson so they replace him with half the player, Williams.  Won't pay Whit, so we get Ogbuehi.  Won't pay Zeitler, so we get revolving cast of characters.  Won't pay Marvin Jones, so we get Ross, er, Boyd, er, whoever we can find on a rookie deal.  Won't pay Mohammad Sanu, so we get anyone on a rookie deal, again.  Truly, the new CBA and the incredible incentive it gave cheap owners to play youngsters on their first contracts - Mike used that just like we suspected he would.

No team is all veterans.  But Mike is pretty good at keeping cheap vets who are glad to have a job, like Peko, and letting guys who'll earn significant cash on their second deal walk out the door.  

• Like 3