James Develin

ShulaSteakhouse

Cincy Jungle points out the former PS Squad DE for the Bengals' is now a  Pro-Bowl FB and has 2 SB rings. (not even bashing or faulting the Bengals' for this lack of development/creativity, I don't expect it here, just thought it was interesting).

http://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/21/james-develin-example-former-bengals-player-shining-patriots/

28 minutes ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

Cincy Jungle points out the former PS Squad DE for the Bengals' is now a  Pro-Bowl FB and has 2 SB rings. (not even bashing or faulting the Bengals' for this lack of development/creativity, I don't expect it here, just thought it was interesting).

http://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2017/12/21/james-develin-example-former-bengals-player-shining-patriots/

This is something I won't miss about Marvin Lewis, and that I hope changes with the next HC.

Marvin continually defers talent to the bench in favor of "veteran status".  We've seen it over the years.  Players who deserve to be on the field only to be placed behind the likes of John Thornton and Robert Geathers.  

Some of those guys get on the field in year 3 or 4, then leave to FA finding success with other teams.  And in this case with Develin, he was never given a chance.

Marvin plays favorites to keep his status with older players at all costs.  It's a weak stance, one without proper coaching boundaries with players and one that breeds a huge lack of accountability.

Bye Marvin!

• Like 2

16 hours ago, cincyhokie said:

Marvin plays favorites to keep his status with older players at all costs.  It's a weak stance, one without proper coaching boundaries with players and one that breeds a huge lack of accountability.

Accountability. The least spell checked word at the Bengals facility.

On 23/12/2017 at 8:24 PM, BengalszoneBilly said:

Accountability. The least spell checked word at the Bengals facility.

In the front office it's spelt "Account Ability" and is used to determine potential profit margin, nothing more nothing less

• Like 1