Ross to IR, Hid Injury from Bengals

ShulaSteakhouse

Marvin Lewis: John Ross concealed shoulder injury from the Bengals

And the Bengals' continue to draft 1st round picks that get injured their rookie year, or are already injured.  

Marvin doesn't seem to show any fondness for Ross either, calling him out publicly twice now, which is very rare for him to do.  Gotta wonder if he wanted someone else but this was "Mike's pick" this year, because it was the "draft yet another RB/WR" turn.

Hilarious nugget in that article.  Ross touched the ball a grand total of one time this season, and he fumbled.  

There's a silver lining - Ross is out of shoulders to injure now that he's giving himself a matching set by having surgery on his left (had surgery on his right shoulder last year).

6 hours ago, ShulaSteakhouse said:

#9 picks shouldn't be projects.

what he said

16 hours ago, AMPHAR said:

Depends on the draft class.   There's nothing significant about the number 9.

There have been top 10s produce multiple pro bowlers and others almost completely bust out.    

Ross certainly is hurting class on 2017 at this point. 

There's certainly significance to a top 10 pick, and what's expected from them when they're available to play, or drafted to play.   WR shouldn't have been a 1st round, top 10 pick priority on this team, too many other weak areas, you have a top 5 WR already, and a capable vet in LaFell along with a 2nd rounder from last year.  Ross wasn't going to make an impact with this o-line, was injured, and wasn't even a consensus top 15 pick, let alone a top 10.  I don't know what they're doing.

Ross was a luxury pick, the type of thing you do when you're rolling.  We needed help on the o-line and at linebacker.  I also never understood why Boyd wasn't seen a a very viable 3rd or even 2nd if Lafell is hurt.  I like Boyd.  On my part it is pure retrospect, but Ross was not needed, and it looks like they didn't do their homework on him.  

Boyd will probably play his deal out, go somewhere else and tear it up.  

On 12/10/2017 at 1:22 AM, ShulaSteakhouse said:

There's certainly significance to a top 10 pick, and what's expected from them when they're available to play, or drafted to play.   WR shouldn't have been a 1st round, top 10 pick priority on this team, too many other weak areas, you have a top 5 WR already, and a capable vet in LaFell along with a 2nd rounder from last year.  Ross wasn't going to make an impact with this o-line, was injured, and wasn't even a consensus top 15 pick, let alone a top 10.  I don't know what they're doing.

It is best to let it play out at this point before deciding what pick should have been what at this point in time.

There 0 significance in a particular number .   Draft classes aren't created equal.