My game plan for the rest of the season!

combatbengal

Bengals game plan for the rest of the season. If I were the owner and or head coach for the Bengals, I’d bench every starter for the remaining two games of the season! Here is my rationale for this thinking. # 1, give the young guys some experience playing in the NFL and see what they can actually do! # 2 prevents any starter from getting an injury at the end of the season which could possible keep them from playing some of next season. This season we didn’t have our TE due to injury from the pro bowl or our MLB from suspension! I’d hate to see our QB, our current injured #1 WR Green, another injured RB, etc. out for a meaningless game! Right now, we have a top 10 draft pick; we could end up picking at # 5 if we keep playing the way we’ve done so far! Draft looks like this so far, Browns at # 1, then the 49ers, Jags, Bears. With 5 wins it’s the Bengals, Saints, Panthers, Eagles and Chargers. That tie might have pushed us back to # 10. Oh and with our history and the current contract, M. Lewis will be back next season as our head coach!

While resting all starters for the last two games may not be reasonable, I get the thought process.
Honestly, they could have (and maybe should have) started this sooner with knowing what they have.

There's no reason for the younger guys to not get more playing time these last couple of games.
Yes, McCarron should get some playing time as well.

I want to see AJ get to the 1000 yard mark and not be seen again until 2017.
Fully healthy and ready to go.

There's 1 Bengal in the HOF.   There's years of Bengal fan discussion over various Bengals that "should be" in the HOF.      I understand wanting to avoid injury late this year so it doesn't bleed over into the offseason.

For some reason no doubt HOF WRs always find it a little harder to get induction before they eventually do.   Better get AJ that 1,000.   The Hall historically looks for reasons to keep Bengals out instead of putting Bengals in.   Better get him the 1,000 since it's so within reach.

I definitely get those young tackles out there.   I'd sit AJ because he's considered a top trade candidate already with maybe First Round compensation.   No reason to give teams film to drop the price. 

Vigil and PJ Dawson should be on the field over Dansby and Rey Maualuga.   

10 hours ago, combatbengal said:

You play McCarron so that Dalton doesn't get hurt.

I do the opposite.  You sit AJ so you can continue to have teams overbid on him based on his preseason and 2015 film.

If you want to protect Dalton,  play the QB that's going to actually be his back up.    AJ has a market already, IMO. Maybe a First but they should be able to get multiple picks in good positions for him IF they want to. 

Supposed weak QB draft class only helps.   No need to get AJ dinged or rjsk looking like shit in the final 2 games.

I don't give a crap who they play the rest of the year.  I know I probably should, but everything I think makes sense, they won't do it.  And every stupid-ass move they make, I don't understand.  I'm so far out of sync with what the organization is doing right now that I don't feel that kinship one normally feels with a team of which one is a huge fan.  I feel like I'm on the outside looking in.  It felt that way yesterday.  I watched that bullshit Jones pulled after the play, earned a sweet 15 yard personal foul, and I just thought, "why the fuck is this guy even on this team anymore? He never learns, never stops being selfish, he just won't play to win," yet there he is, week, after week, after week.  He's a player for sure, but damn, enough's enough.  Fuck it.  They can resign Nugent and let him play quarterback for all I care.  Having to watch another season of a pretty damn talented roster just get wasted under Marvin?  Fuck this.  

When John Cooper couldn't beat Michigan, Ohio State went out and found someone who could.  Wake up Mike Brown.  You've more than repaid Marvin for the turnaround job he did here.  Get it over with.