Bengals @ Browns Game Thread

HoosierCat

I don't understand how the bengals Marvin Lewis or whoever is making desicions can keep Nugent on this team? 

They would be so much better without him. Worst part is they could have won games this year if it wasn't for this team keeping Nugent around. 

So this kind of shit is what we can expect next year as well, because Brown is afraid to fire people, he is afraid to be a really good football team, and for that the fans suffer!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, volcom69 said:

I don't understand how the bengals Marvin Lewis or whoever is making desicions can keep Nugent on this team? 

They would be so much better without him. Worst part is they could have won games this year if it wasn't for this team keeping Nugent around. 

So this kind of shit is what we can expect next year as well, because Brown is afraid to fire people, he is afraid to be a really good football team, and for that the fans suffer!

Mike Brown never needlessly spends money.  He does not believe this team is going to the playoffs and therefore the cost of a new kicker is not necessary.  He's quit on this team.

• Like 1

Just now, volcom69 said:

I don't either man. There seems to be an acceptability of mediocrity. Where doing something sloppy and half ass is okay. Reminds me of the union guys I used to work with. No accountability. 

How Marvin can keep a job this long and have zero playoff wins goes against all reasoning.

I'm ok with chances, but when guys are costing you games, and the mistakes are happening over and over then it's time!

It took them how long to figure out that there RT is costing them games, they finally bench him. 

There RT position is still a mess, but Andy seems to have a little more time to throw the ball!

Nothing will change until Mike brown shuffles off. The whole organisation reeks of mediocrity, they never pay the money when it's really needed, no decent free agents ever considered us, yet bizarrely seem happy to go to Cleveland. We've had so many talented players under Marvin's years in charge and what do we have to show for it? Yep, it's better than the 90s, but everyone involved seems happy to be just doing enough to get by. I don't see a playoff win til Marvin's gone, but brown will never get rid as it would cost too much. The fact he let zimmer etc go so easily shows how ambitious the organisation is :(

17 minutes ago, volcom69 said:

It's beyond belief at this point. I can't recall a team keeping a player that is such a liability. Ever.