Draft Pick Watch

HoosierCat

On 4/14/2017 at 8:25 PM, ArmyBengal said:

John Ross at #9 ??

No thank you. Maybe if he falls to the 2nd round.

I'd be just as happy with Ross at 9 as I would Williams or Davis. He's a true rarity, with extreme long speed, and runs exceptional routes. Think Antonio Brown but much faster. I can't take seriously anyone who wouldn't take ABrown in the top ten of a redraft when he came out. 

Something tells me it will be a defensive player, only because there are so many needs. I also think a guy like Hooker could fall, with so much talk of teams vying for QBs, and that would be great. I don't want to hear about our safety depth, Williams is average. Hooker would be an immediate upgrade. 

So Foster, Ross, Williams, Hooker, Allen, Howard, Barnett ... All fine by me. 

• Like 2

With the first round of the draft just a little over a week away, is the time right for another "Bengalszone Metal Off" ??

Answer ??  The time is ALWAYS right for another "Bengalszone Metal Off" !!!
With that line of thought, I offer up the greatest metal song you've never heard of from a pair of rock Gods.
"TIME IS MINE"  (Tony Iommi and Phil Anselmo) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btkiZhPLzo8

• Like 2

Thoughts on Foster and his shoulder.   Non-factor, IMO.   

I did a half ass snap analysis and roster spot analysis a while back.   There just isn't enough snaps available for any rookie LB to make an impact their rookie season without the Bengals drastically changing the way they operate on Defense or injuries bug striking hard.

A LB pick would be for the future with Burfict and Minter working on contract years.    Shoulder is a non factor, IMO.     

15 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

With the first round of the draft just a little over a week away, is the time right for another "Bengalszone Metal Off" ??

Answer ??  The time is ALWAYS right for another "Bengalszone Metal Off" !!!
With that line of thought, I offer up the greatest metal song you've never heard of from a pair of rock Gods.
"TIME IS MINE"  (Tony Iommi and Phil Anselmo) 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btkiZhPLzo8

I'll play again. 

My entry:

If Jake Butt is still there in the 2nd I can see the Bengals pulling the trigger.  He checks all the boxes - great value at the pick due to injury, huge ceiling/upside if it works, he's from Ohio, he puts a first contract guy into a spot where we were previously paying a vet, etc.  

I've been biased against taking a 4-3 LB with 9.     I've got all kinds of whacked out theories to support my bias.    Anyhoo has nothing to do with failed drug test or whatever hopefully this dude falls all the way to 41.  

He's probably now a teens/late 20s pick now. 

This dude has a hell of highlight package and draft write up that even despite the troubles and although I don't think/want 4-3 LB at 9 if it happened it probably would be a A pick.

If Foster is the pick, I won't really complain.
I won't be surprised by almost any pick in the first.

RB- Cook (Fournette will be gone)
WR- Ross (He's a speed guy to take the top off)
TE- Howard (Eifert is a FA after this year and broken)
LB- Foster (Minter is on a one year deal)
What it either Hooker or Adams falls ??  They would have to be considered.
Then there's the myriad of DE possibilities.
There's no DT possibilities at #9, but there's always the possibility of CB.

So that's 6 firm positions that may be considered at #9.
Sounds like they could trade down and still get a guy they love.

Someone is going to be there for the taking at #9 and maybe even lower if they wanted to trade down.

I read an article recently, I think the enquirer where they were talking about 1st round TE's in the draft.
Since 2010 only 3 TE's have been taken in the first round and the Bengals had two of the three.
Gresham and Eifert.

That being said, I don't view that as a reason to take Howard at #9, I view it as a reason to wait.
Give me any one of the top 4 TE's at the top of the 2nd round and you can color me happy.
Evan Engram please.

Trading McCarron to move up ??  I suppose they could, but again, I think someone will be there at #9 worth waiting for.
Why give up McCarron for basically the same thing ??  Give me a 2nd rounder in trade for him and i'm much happier.
3 picks in the first two rounds could go a long way in seeing this team turn things around sooner rather than later.