Too Many Misses

rwalling

The top of the last four draft classes (Rounds 1-4)

2016 - Jackson, Boyd, Vigil, Billings

2015 - Ogbuehi, Fisher, Kroft, Dawson, Shaw, Hardison

2014 - Dennard, Hill, Clarke, Bodine

2013 - Eifert, Bernard, Hunt, Williams, Porter

Are there simply too many misses? Not on the team, not on the field due to injuries or ability, and/or not making an impact (at least not positively).  For a team that prides itself on improving through the draft, this list is concerning.

Many on that list are still unknown, or on their way. Some are big misses, and more important that what round they were taken is what position they play. 

We can't afford to miss at CB, DE, OT. Just can't do it. 

Jury still out on Dennard and Jackson, same for Ogbuehi and Fisher. Clarke and Hunt show some progress. 

What we saw yesterday was not aresult of poor scouting and drafting, I attribute yesterday to Marvin, again, expecting players to be professionals, do their jobs, find the fire within themselves. 

Marvin just can't seem to find the trigger to get these guys to elevate their game and play at another level. It's happened for bigger games now for years. 

• Like 1

AGAIN after a break (either an extra few days or a bye) we fail to come out prepared and ready.

AGAIN we make a rookie QB look like the best thing since sliced bread

This game should have been a contest but Dallas tore us a new one and defiled the old one !!!! There was only ever one team in this match and it wasn't the Bengals. RAGING about the performance and the result

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, Scottishbengal said:

AGAIN after a break (either an extra few days or a bye) we fail to come out prepared and ready.

AGAIN we make a rookie QB look like the best thing since sliced bread

This game should have been a contest but Dallas tore us a new one and defiled the old one !!!! There was only ever one team in this match and it wasn't the Bengals. RAGING about the performance and the result

Yep, players left to get away from the structure of a normal week. To carry the burden of getting ready, even if for a few days away, and be prepared to go back into battle. Maybe Marvin gives them too much latitude? Or not enough? 

Whatever it is, it has not been working. Not one bit. The team played scared and flat. That's no way to get  through a season, son. 

2016 - Jackson, Boyd, Vigil, Billings Too early to judge

2015 - Ogbuehi off to ugly start, Fisher, Kroft jury still out, Dawson bust, Shaw hit, Hardison injury bust

2014 - Dennard busting, Hill underwhelming, Clarke actually stepping up this season but still backup material overall, Bodine adequate run blocker, total bust in pass pro

2013 - Eifert stud but can't stay healthy, Bernard solid hit, Hunt bust, Williams busting, Porter bust

So yeah, too many misses. Even being generous and including Eifragile there are only three clear wins in three drafts, versus six busts/busting picks and another six in various states of "meh." There's still time for some of these guys (Ced, Fisher, Kroft, Hardison especially) to turn it around but that's unlikely in the immediate future (by which I mean the next 11 games).

That said what is way more concerning to me is the vets who we know can play suddenly vanishing or turning to crap: Zeitler, Atkins, MJ, Burfict, Iloka, even Rey friggin' Maualuga who once upon a time could at least stuff the run decently.

Yea it's a real mystery to me, what happened to these guys. 

So we replaced one guy on the o-line and they look like the 2008 line? Makes no sense, it's like they forgot how to block a blitz. 

The defense I have no idea what wrong with them, I thought they would be the strong unit till the offense got in rythem. Without them this team is screwed, and it showed.

Im at a loss what's going on, maybe the team we thought was so talented is just an average team after all. 

So many losses to players and coaches are finally catching up, now it seems we can only think what if......