The New Refreshing Jeremy Hill

gregcook68

For me, reading between the lines, I think, consciously or subconsciously, fumbling away the playoff game made him rethink his focus.  I think he was convicted by it, putting more emphasis on what jitterbug dance he was going to do, and less emphasis on protecting the football.

I like it, and for me it's refreshing to see!!  Hoping he stays healthy and has a beastly year!!

http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Hill-connects-the-dots/9b03995c-c2a9-48cd-862e-71295ad104f8

He needs to focus for sure ...a below stellar season and he could be on his way out

He seems to be on a mission this year - gotta like that.  I assume making up for that stupid fumble is eating away at him, and he's handling it the right way.  He also looked slow and heavier last year, but seems to have at least some of his 2014 quick-feet back.  IF they get the 2nd-half 2014 Hill back, sky's the limit I guess, he was the best RB in the league during that stretch.

There was a combination of stuff going with Hill individually last season.

1. Hill owns most of it.   Tried to bounce too early.   Many times he gave a up 3 yards to bounce and lose a yard or gain 1.   I think what you saw late last year was him taking what he could then waiting for it to pop.  

2. Hue shares in the blame individually for Hill but the credit for overall unit success.  Many runs to Hill he was a sacrificial lamb.   What Hue did (successfully) was stress the back 7 with shifts and motions.   To keep them honest and to stop cheating to pursue to a WR screen or quick throw was to give Hill a bunch of carries with tackles shifting or coming off the LOS from a 2 point stance effectively forcing them to shade a defender and making Hill read the blocks.   Hill isn't that type of runner.