And this years T-Shirt slogan is......

UK Bengal

• 7 months later...

Resurrecting this thread momentarily just to note that Hobson finally admitted today that when Lewis talks about pounding the rock -- which he does every. Single. Year. -- he is a lying liar who lies. (emphasis added)

But [Hill] also doesn’t have the luxury of playing in an offense that commits heart and soul to the run game. The Bengals haven’t done that since the Corey Dillon hey-days and the only times they’ve done it recently (2009 and 2014) they were forced to do it because of personnel and injuries. (And in both years they won 10 games and went to the playoffs when they had no right to win eight but the run game and defense saved them and Hill was their MVP doing it in ’14.)

Hard to pound the rock when you spend precious practice and game-planning time each week designing and installing plays from trick formations that split your linemen out on both sides.  Simple power running football?  How does that demonstrate to the league that you are the next offensive genius?  Zampese saw what being an innovator did for Hue, (2 head coaching gigs, so far), so how can you blame him for emulating that?  

6 hours ago, GapControl said:

The Bengals don't think the have the line (pure personnel) to pound the rock.  Marvin wants to but they clearly can't this year.  Zampese has kept the plays much more balanced than Gruden did atleast.  

I disagree, Marvin really doesn't want to do it. No coach does these days because it's a passing league now. All the rules about contacting receivers and hits on defenseless receivers and barely being able to touch the QB have completely marginalized the run. Oh, it's still part of the game but unless you've got a super-stud back like Dillon or AP,no one features the run anymore.

And to be clear, I'm OK with that (or at least resigned to it). What drives me batty is the annual "pound the rock" blather from Marvin. Stop insulting our intelligence. As COB points out, the O's game plan is all focused on the pass, and has been forever, whether the OC was Brat, Gruden, Hue or Zampese. Just admit you're going to throw the ball all over the yard and we'll go as far as Dalton, Eifert and Green can take us.

• Like 1

Next week listening to WLW:

"Dalton's over center, he takes the snap, wheels and hands off to Hill who is streaking to the left.  MY GOD!! Someone pulled Jerry Kramer off the embalming table, shoved him into a Bengal uniform, and put him in the game for Zeitler.   Kramer pulls to the left!  He leads Hill as they run the classic Lombardi Sweep!  There's a seal here, and a seal here, and Hill runs in the alley!  The almost corpse of Jerry Kramer destroys linebackers downfield!  It's a convoy of Bengals heading downfield!  Touchdown Bengals!!"

They have their own Zeitler in DeCastro to deal with.
You remember the guy most of us here wanted and they traded down while still having the ability to take him and........
Zeitler

Not that I don't like Z, but I remember almost falling out of my chair when, after trading down, they still could have had DeCastro.