Rumor Mill: Browns Offer 3rd Rd Pick for McCarron

HoosierCat

No. Hell no. No f**king way. Not ever do you trade a starting level QB to another team in your division who you have to face twice a year. IMHO let them draft their own way outta hell. They have a very high 1st round pick. Draft your own QB you son's of bitches!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

No. Hell no. No f**king way. Not ever do you trade a starting level QB to another team in your division who you have to face twice a year. IMHO let them draft their own way outta hell. They have a very high 1st round pick. Draft your own QB you son's of bitches!

All true.  This dude's ball and chain is way too hot to be traded for anything less than two first round picks.  Plus he is a competent backup, potential starter.  One 1st round pick is not enough.

If I was Bengals I would call other teams to see if they are interest in offer something better than 3rd round, if there is none then I would trade him to Browns, what good is it to let a very good QB sit on our bench wasting away his years, while we could use that 3rd round pick to get possible new starter at other positions.

yeah it might made Browns a better team, WHO CARES,

10 minutes ago, Dimster28 said:

If I was Bengals I would call other teams to see if they are interest in offer something better than 3rd round, if there is none then I would trade him to Browns, what good is it to let a very good QB sit on our bench wasting away his years, while we could use that 3rd round pick to get possible new starter at other positions.

yeah it might made Browns a better team, WHO CARES,

I care. They play us tough enough as it is with the circus they have going on at QB. If you must trade him, which I doubt they will anyway, you trade him to a team outside your division.

16 minutes ago, BengalszoneBilly said:

I care. They play us tough enough as it is with the circus they have going on at QB. If you must trade him, which I doubt they will anyway, you trade him to a team outside your division.

First of all, if we cant beat our own Division and we need they to stay weak, we will never be a superbowl winner. then we dont deserve to be in playoff.

I welcome the challenge to our divison, I want them to be super hard so when win division it is because we are the best and when we play other team in playoff, they will be too easy compared to what Bengals have already play against. as you notice any division winner of a very weak divison rarely last long in playoff.

On 1/16/2016, 2:41:59, HoosierCat said:

The problem is that you're just going to use that pick to replace McCarron. So you don't get any better. I need at least a 1 or multiple lower picks so I can replace AH and improve the team.

Could that pick plus McCown merit consideration? Josh has 2 years left on his deal, so the Bengals would be set for that time.

Honestly, nothing about the Browns history should give us any concern that sending AJ McCarron to the Mistake would reverse their fortunes. Still the same stupid ownership, no GM, and Hue Jackson's ego running things.

Of all teams.  The Browns.  Does anyone think Mike Brown would ever entertain the thought of giving the Browns a player of any value whatsoever?  If the Browns made this offer, it is kind of funny how deep their lack of institutional knowledge goes.

Having said that - this is just the kind of activity we are likely to see from the Browns as their baseball analytics guy gets going.  He'll try to wheel and deal his way to a roster.  In baseball, it works.  You can go from mid-level to the best team in your division by picking up just a couple players.  That's because baseball is kind of like an individual sport.  If you're a shortstop on team A, you can go join team B and within a few days you are completely onboarded and you just play the same game the same way you've always played.  You field and throw.  You hit and run the bases.  Football is so very different.   

• Like 1

Just wanted to comment on this rumor.

HELL NO.  Not to the Browns and certainly not for a weak ass 3rd round offering.
If someone wants him bad enough, they can cough up the price for a potential starting QB and that's far from a 3rd and far from a single pick.
If no one is willing to do that, we don't have to worry about our backup for a while.

"F" you Browns !!!