Steelers @ Bengals II Pregame Thread/Game Thread

HoosierCat

1 hour ago, HoosierCat said:

http://www.700wlw.com/onair/lance-mcalister-7818/super-bowl-audio-dave-lapham-phil-14236317/

i remember watching that live...awesome play.

Lap hasn't changed a bit, either. Lol

I will never forget that play either. I was watching with my dad, and as soon as he scored with no flags, I said to my dad, there's too much time on the clock. Montana is going to take them down the field and for a TD!

I'm hoping that Fisher 44 can be coached up to stand in for Hewitt. He has the pure athletics skills, so he "can" do the job but since so much is mental and vision, i hope they get him ready. he could be the ultimate key to the game. crazy to think. Other scenario to get run game going is kick Whit back inside, get Ogbuehi to LT and have Whit pulling into the alley for Hill, blasting holes all day. Not nearly as nuts as giving Fisher the H-back spot.

Also, Burfict has to kep himself clean in this game. thy will be after him most of all and I'm not sure he can keep his poise. crossed fingers on that

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gregcook68 said:

I will never forget that play either. I was watching with my dad, and as soon as he scored with no flags, I said to my dad, there's too much time on the clock. Montana is going to take them down the field and for a TD!

Bad memories.

On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2016‎ ‎10‎:‎03‎:‎07‎, ArmyBengal said:

Seeing as how I plan on winning the 400 million powerball tonight, go ahead and put me on the list to attend.
Anyone else on here either in the Cincinnati area or able to get here is invited aboard what will be my new private jet to get us all to Scottish's for the party.
Prostitutes and enough blow to kill a whale will be provided.

Ok, so obviously King and I didn't win the Powerball the other night, but that's because we are destined to win the 675 million tomorrow.
Plans are still on for the private jet, hookers, and blow.

Thought an update was needed.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ArmyBengal said:

Ok, so obviously King and I didn't win the Powerball the other night, but that's because we are destined to win the 675 million tomorrow.

I am sad that you didnt win, but if you win tomorrow, I will go only if you are able to get Tiffani Thiessen for me instead of regular hooker. DEAL?

On 1/7/2016, 8:13:58, HoosierCat said:

horrible weather for the game. Rain, 10-20 mph winds, near freezing temps. 

Sounds rough, but I'll be roughing it as well.  We keep our house about 70, but I'll be watching the game Saturday night in the basement, which stays about SIXTY SEVEN DEGREES!!I 

That's cold, I might need a blanky.  

I'm not happy to be watching it down there, the upstairs is better for sure.  But someone had to take a stand against the tyrannical rule of my wife.  So I stepped up to the plate.

That's right, I'm occupying our basement and am in the midst of a standoff.  The time was now to take a stand, so I've done it.  

I'm not alone either.  Both our cats come down here frequently, and my doberman who is trying sort of unsuccessfully to recover from surgery is down here too.  On a scale of 1-10, his personal protection capabilities have deteriorated to about a 1.  But his skills at laying around in a daze have sharpened considerably.  And when it comes to seeping gross fluid from his infected incision, he's an absolute 10.  Nobody does it better.  

Attempts on my part to end this standoff peacefully have so far been rebuffed.  When informed by an intermediary that I was committed to laying around in the basement until changes are made, my wife played the old, "how is it a standoff when you're just doing what you always do," strategy.  I should have seen that one coming.  

It's all about basement use, and if my wife thinks me and my half-dead dog are going to take it lying down while she pretty much takes over the whole basement with laundry drying racks, those shelves my sister gave us that we store cans and boxes of food on, and 8, count 'em, 8 old dining room chairs that we don't know what to do with since we bought our new ones, well, I guess now she knows that she's got another thing coming!  

This basement is for watching Bengals games on the giant TV she told me not to buy but I bought anyway, it's for hanging up my 3' x 5' Bengals flag on game days, it's for me and the dog to escape to when the women in our house are at each others' throats (those of you with teenage daughters know what I mean).  

If anyone wants to send snacks or anything, please do.  I'm prepared for this to stretch on for years, or possibly just a couple days.  We've named our little occupying force The People's Bible Force of Righteousness and Constitutional Freedom for Patriots.  Though I didn't lobby for it, I have reluctantly and humbly accepted the title of Captain.  The cats are and will remain in the rank of corporal, but as soon as my dog can demonstrate the ability to get up and walk across the room to his food bowl so I can quit hand feeding him, he's getting promoted to Sergeant.  

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ArmyBengal said:

Johnny manziel is that you?

36 minutes ago, UK Bengal said:

Well according to this its all said and done SB 50 here we come.

I can certainly say billy will be doubly hyped :)

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000619376/article/mathematical-model-suggests-bengalscardinals-in-super-bowl-50

Just win a playoff game. One. That's all I ask. Everything else is just gravy.

• Like 1