Chargers @ Bengals Pregame Chatter/Game Thread

HoosierCat

Here's where I am:

We have more firepower in both the passing and rushing attack than Detroit does.

Detroit doesn't have the defense we do either and they got two sacks on Rivers.

On the flip side, the Chargers defense only got to Stafford for one sack, but I think their secondary is pretty stout.

Their offense is always going to put up some points, but their rushing attack isn't a huge concern for me.

The passing defenses of both teams will be tested, but I think our pass rush will be what puts us over the top.

The Chargers group of Allen, Johnson, Green at TE, and Woodhead out of the backfield are tough.

I still think the home opener will be more than the Chargers are going to be able to withstand for the whole game.

I won't go all full stupid like in the Chargers thread and claim how it won't be close, because it will.

Bengals win: 24-20

Hopefully the bengals o-line are as good and dominant at least in the pass protection area as they were against Oakland. Cincy Jungle wrote about Clint Boling career day, he played lights out. I know not every week will be perfect, but keep giving Dalton time to find the weapons and good things will happen. I was also happy to see Dalton get out of the pocket when he felt the pressure, more of that please.

Here's something to watch: ever since they dismantled the Raiders, the Bengals have been getting a LOT of local media love and now the national guys are joining in today, bumping the team up on power rankings, saying they could be special, Eifert's a stud, blah blah blah. In short they're being showered with success, and we all know what seems to happen every time they get a taste of the good life: egg city.

Can our heroes wither the storm of unending praise and come out focused and hungry against the Chargers? Or will they stroll out thinking all they have to do is show up in order to win and end up getting punched in the face?

Chargers fans seem pretty cocky...

http://forums.chargers.com/showthread.php?t=103793

reading that it seems that they cannot spell on the west coast and they seriously over estimate their team lol

Holy Crap! Those loony Charger fans sure are optimistic aren't they? Lol... A prediction of a San Diego 41-37 victory included in their posts. A "barn burner" he said. I see no NFL team scoring 41 on this Bengal D if healthy... So he's smokin something out on the left coast there! 3 positives in injury and other reports: Gates still won't play due to his substance abuse suspension; DJ Fluker is out for at least a month with a broken ankle; Jacoby Jones is questionable with an ankle injury as well and likely will not be handling returns at which he is so proficient. I would include the Chargers traveling distance as a big Bengal advantage if it weren't for the egg we laid in the playoffs against them 2 seasons ago. And surely this won't be the "Freezer Bowl" either! Still... Hue Jackson is very familiar with Rivers and this team plus a tough Bengals D and it's a much needed W before a brutal stretch of opponents in the following 5 weeks. We need this one!

Well if all the media hype gets to there head, then it shows there just the same old team. At some point they need to learn how to handle success, they learned how to win, now it's time to move forward.

It wouldn't hurt if the o-line keeps protecting Dalton the way they did, that will go along way lol.

I would love the Bengals to put an ass kicking to avenge the playoff loss a couple of years ago. I think this is a game the Bengals win. They are the better team.

He's gotta be appealing the level of the fine, not that he was fined. Even if provoked, that was a very un-classy reaction - he deserved to be fined a weeks wages as a minimum in my book

Just watched ESPN preview of the game... Not surprisingly, it was ALL Chargers highlights and Phillip Rivers analysis. But I'm fine with that... until we can win in prime time and playoffs we won't get respect nor do we deserve it yet. If you look at the opponents immediately ahead, the Bengals really need the win this week vs San Diego in a very "winnable" home game! I have 3 tickets and will be attending loudly with my two boys - 20th row in the South end zone. Who Dey Bengals... Do this!!

Just watched ESPN preview of the game... Not surprisingly, it was ALL Chargers highlights and Phillip Rivers analysis. But I'm fine with that... until we can win in prime time and playoffs we won't get respect nor do we deserve it yet. If you look at the opponents immediately ahead, the Bengals really need the win this week vs San Diego in a very "winnable" home game! I have 3 tickets and will be attending loudly with my two boys - 20th row in the South end zone. Who Dey Bengals... Do this!!

You will have a nice view of the new scoreboards as well. They are really nice.

It's going to be a perfect day for a football game as well. Sunny in the low 70's.

I'd be there, but ArmyBengal Jr. has a flag football game.

Enjoy with the boys !!!

Enjoy the game Wisk, hope it's a great experience for the kids