Bengals @ Steelers Game Thread

cincyhokie

Since we are putting the Steelers game in the rearview and moving into a draft conversation, i'm curious how the comp picks are going to work for us?

I'm hoping for at least an additional 3rd and another 4th or 5th rounder, but I could be off.

LT, DE, LB, DT with our picks in thr first few rounds.

TE, WR are also in the mix depending on who is there when we go on the clock.

Obviously free agency is going to come into play at the mid level range.

I'm not surprised by the game outcome. Too many mistakes, too many players in key spots not executing (Dunlap, Dre Kirk, Green, Dalton, etc.) too many key players out.

My guess is Gresham is gone. I also think Hall and Geathers are released. I hope they find a solid TE to sign and bring in a veteran LB to solidify that group.

For the draft, I think they need more from the WR corp, as the depth now is limited in quality production. Jones coming back helps but how close to his previous level will he be?

And while the world knows Dalton has the new contract and the team verbally says he's here to stay, yada yada, it must be said that he's a significant reason this team has not performed to the level they are capable. But for Dalton, this team has a very high ceiling. However, with each season that they do 'ok' but flop under pressure the window closes. So, what must happen for Brown and the staff to wake up to this fact? The arguments of 'but who else is there', '4 years to the playoffs in a row'and all the magic stats that paint Dalton as this prodigal savant don't manifest into real world progress.

But whatever, off they go to Indy to see if they can put it together. Here's hoping.

• Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see the Bengals skipping on DE because they are hoping either Margus or Clarke will come through for them - I see Margus as the more likely of the two

(kinda like they figured either Thompson or Still would blossom at DT - maybe this time they'll be right)

I think with Reggie getting a bit long in the tooth and Williams showing very little that they might take a look at a FS

I too think Gresham is gone -- some team will overpay for him enough to get us a r4 or r5 comp pick

Looked at a dozen mocks and got almost as many names. OL and DL seem to be the bet, but no consensus on who.

Alvin Dupree, DE, Kentucky

Erik Kendricks, OLB, UCLA

Cedric Ogbuehi, OT, Texas A&M

Andrus Peat, OT, Stanford (McShay)

Michael Bennett, DT, Ohio State

Eddie Goldman, DT, Florida State x2

Trae Waynes, CB, MSU

Eli Harold, DE/OLB, Virginia

La'El Collins, OT, LSU

Alex Carter, CB, Stanford

Sammy Coates, WR, Auburn

Since we are putting the Steelers game in the rearview and moving into a draft conversation, i'm curious how the comp picks are going to work for us?

I'm hoping for at least an additional 3rd and another 4th or 5th rounder, but I could be off.

LT, DE, LB, DT with our picks in thr first few rounds.

TE, WR are also in the mix depending on who is there when we go on the clock.

Obviously free agency is going to come into play at the mid level range.

How many players will Brown need to extend this year.

The question for me is, how cheap can they get some of these guys back ??

I could see them keeping some of these guys for no other reason then they would come on the cheap and know the system.

Mays, Campbell, Newman, Tate, etc...

It's always speculation on the part of fans until the name is called on draft day, but I don't have much faith (although the coaches might) that either Clarke or Hunt will be any further along come OTA's that they would be willing to roll with them as a starter in 2015. Geathers ?? He might the luckiest player on the roster in that he still has a job. For anyone that doesn't think having a pass rush is important (I know no one here is saying that), I would simply invite them to watch the Steelers game over again and focus on how much time Ben had in the pocket. That simply can't happen.

People might look at the roster and think they don't have many holes and you wouldn't think that when considering a playoff team, but I think you have to look out a little further than just this coming free agency. If you want to really start asking questions about who stays and goes, click on the link Hoosier gave above and then click on 2016. It will shock you if you haven't seen it and i've mentioned it many times. We can't pay everyone.

We can pay a lot more than you might think, Army. Right now the Bengals have dedicated about $58 million versus the 2016 cap. The salary cap is projected to be about $160 million by then. So they will have in excess of $100 million in cap space. I'm not really worried.

We can pay a lot more than you might think, Army. Right now the Bengals have dedicated about $58 million versus the 2016 cap. The salary cap is projected to be about $160 million by then. So they will have in excess of $100 million in cap space. I'm not really worried.

I'm glad someone around here keeps up with stuff like this. Thanks Hoosier.

Sooooo, what else can I find to be irritated, worried, or pissed off about ??

Man did you see those gatorade guys on the sidelines ?? Talk about slackers. I saw this guy go to squirt the gatorade and totally missed the players mouth.

You would think they would be a little more on top of their game. Don't they know what's at stake ?? Jesus....

Wow.

Hindsight is 20/20 and I don't fault the coaches for playing their teams hard in this game.

But what a MEANINGLESS game it turned out to be and what a HUGE impact it had on both sides in the playoffs.

Such a shame.

QFT. This is the downside to the whole "schedule division games at the end of the year to keep teams from resting players" approach the league has taken to scheduling.