Bengals @ Buccaneers Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 426
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't understand how that non-challenge challenge worked. I get that all challenges under two minutes come from the booth, but there was no booth review initially, so Marvn basically badgered the officials into having one? How is that different from a coach's challenge? I've just never seen anything like that. Is it only presnap procedure penalties that can be retroactively called from the booth? Weird, weird ending.

I still don't understand how that non-challenge challenge worked. I get that all challenges under two minutes come from the booth, but there was no booth review initially, so Marvn basically badgered the officials into having one? How is that different from a coach's challenge? I've just never seen anything like that. Is it only presnap procedure penalties that can be retroactively called from the booth? Weird, weird ending.

Apparently, if Carey's testimony is accurate, a coach can challenge in that scenario to force a review -- with an automatic loss of timeout regardless of the outcome.

Apparently, if Carey's testimony is accurate, a coach can challenge in that scenario to force a review -- with an automatic loss of timeout regardless of the outcome.

I guess but it still doesn't seem to make sense to me.