F**k Winter

HoosierCat

What happened to global warming or am I looking at that backwards ??

I think part of the global warming phenomena is extreme temp swings, so the extremely cold weather isn't necessarily contradictory. Not to mention that it's a gradual warming over a long period of time with fluctuations along the way. It's not something that follows a clean and linear pattern.

This. That said, how much the frigid weather in the midwest is due to climate change is hard to say. From what I have read, the cause is just that cold air that normally hangs out over the pole has been pushed south. So we get Santa's weather while Alaska enjoys record highs. I've seen some claims that warmer ocean temperatures (resulting in correspondingly warmer temps over those oceans) are responsible for the shift. But the bottom line is that what's happened here this year looks more like weather moving, not an overall colder winter.

I think the bottom line here is: Nobody Knows.

So, what do we do? Do our best to live as responsibly as we can. If we can reduce our impact on the environment, then we should. All of this, "Global warming doesn't exist, so I'm going to continue polluting the earth" nonsense is just that...nonsense. Whether it exists are not, I'm interested in leaving my children with the best possible version of this planet to live their lives on.

Totally agree, stop polluting as best as we can, but still keep your mind about it. That seems to be the place where most climate change pushers lose legitimacy, there is not a consensus on any of the data warming or cooling.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I threw my triple steak quesadilla wrapper out of the car window today.

No worries though, there were 2 dogs and a homeless chic fighting for it as it blew down the road.

They pretty much took care of my thoughtless decision.

Was flatulence involved as the 3 of them fought over it? Just trying to determine the carbon footprint of your ride home from work.

I threw my triple steak quesadilla wrapper out of the car window today.

No worries though, there were 2 dogs and a homeless chic fighting for it as it blew down the road.

They pretty much took care of my thoughtless decision.

Was flatulence involved as the 3 of them fought over it? Just trying to determine the carbon footprint of your ride home from work.

That would require a "Carbon Accountant" to get accurate readings of the event and apparently the city can't afford it.

Something about an odd agreement in the stadium deal the city signed requiring lifetime oil changes on the Lumina.

They simply couldn't afford both and a contract is a contract after all.

• 2 weeks later...

This Thursday, low of 5, high not above freezing until Saturday, then it dives right back down the next day. This winter is like when you're walking down the street, and from behind a dumpster an old lady jumps out and grabs your arm. She's cackling in a crazy voice, she's covered with sores and disease, but no matter how hard you try, you can't shake her off your arm. This winter is like her.

This Thursday, low of 5, high not above freezing until Saturday, then it dives right back down the next day. This winter is like when you're walking down the street, and from behind a dumpster an old lady jumps out and grabs your arm. She's cackling in a crazy voice, she's covered with sores and disease, but no matter how hard you try, you can't shake her off your arm. This winter is like her.

Yeah, that's about right. We might hit 6 degrees today. And more snow this weekend!

F**k you old crazy diseased lady winter.

And people wonder why I prefer the warm-hot weather over the cold.

This sh*t just sucks.

Too make matters worse, it's freezing cold outside and my office is like 90.

I wear a shortsleeved short to work to handle being in my office and then freeze when I walk out of it.

No, I don't have a thermostat in my office.

Aaaand another five inches or so over the weekend. The official number in Chicago is just shy of 70 inches, making this the fourth-snowiest and, with an average temperature of 18.8 degrees, third-coldest winter on record.

And more snow is possible this week. Oh joy. :frustrated:

Just when all the ice was finally gone, we get bitch slapped by that old diseased woman again.

To make matter even better, once the ice finally thawed off the driveway, I saw all the damage done to the concrete.

Nothing says fun like fixing up the driveway and putting another sealant on the d*mn thing.

Come here you old diseased bitch, I have something for you:

:2guns: :2guns:

Salt? What's that? :lol: Most of the towns up here are short or out. My town was laying down mostly sand during this last storm; what little salt they have left is being hoarded for use on major intersections and roads. The pothole situation has gotten so bad that the state, which usually ignores what happens up here because it's a Dem stronghold in a red state, has even promised a "pothole surge" in the spring. Lake County, the northwestern-most county in Indiana, and its three major cities of Gary, Hammond and East Chicago have already topped $400,000 in overtime pay for plowing and snow removal. So yeah, it's nuts.

Yeah, I saw a salt sand mixture not long ago here as well.

They even lined the streets with some chemical mix the last storm to combat the ice.

This kind of winter is just brutal from a financial perspective.

Then again, Cincinnati has had some very mild winters over the past 4 years that I have been back and has lulled some into believing that is how all winters here are suppose to be. This winter really shouldn't have caught anyone off guard or surprised them in the least. You had to see it coming after all the mild ones we've had recently.

Oh well, it's almost over.

Before long i'll be sitting at the Reds game soaking up some sun and drinking a cold beverage on a warm day.

Well, that and complaining about having to cut my grass.

Can't wait !!!

• 2 weeks later...