And It Just Gets Better for Browns Fans

HoosierCat

Even BETTER better, Mort and Adam just reported on espn that not only did the FO know about the looming suspension, they DID NOT TELL THE COACHING STAFF UNTIL THE NEWS BROKE TODAY!!!!!

Welcome to Cleveland Mike Pettine! :lmao:/>

I read that too. But then I read something about timing of suspensions, and that coaching staffs are not allowed to be informed for until the league announcement or some such thing, but that the management of the organizations can be told a lot earlier. Makes no sense, but that's what I read.

The mistake is cursed. I don't know what they did up there, but they can't get a break. Having said that, they've got a pretty good roster even after guys went free agency elsewhere after they fired their one year coach.

It times like these I feel bad for Browns fans. However, just give it some time.

They will open the season 0-3 and then win 4 of the next 5. This will be coupled with how they are the bestest team ever in the history of football and how they can't be beat and whatever the name of the 3rd QB who will be starting by that point in the season is "elite".

It's THAT point in time that I feel no sorrow whatsoever.

I put Cleveland at like 4-5 wins on the season at best and another top 5 pick in 2015.

I think the Browns would be crazy to just hand the job to Manziel.

Mainly because I think he won't do much, but when Hoyer was healthy, he was playing pretty well.

I simply think he gives the Browns a better chance to win at this point in time.

I wouldn't want to be in his shoes though.

Every incomplete pass, INT, or mistake made will results in louder calls for Manziel.

And the Browns release Greg Little. :blink:

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/16/browns-release-greg-little/

It looks like Cleveland is trying out a novel new offensive strategy:

1. Draft QB of the future

2. Give him no wide receivers to throw to

3. ????????

4. CHAMPIONSHIP!

Maybe they should replace that stupid brownie elf with this guy?

Underpants-e1391719843247.png

So I made the mistake of turning on dumb & dumber this morning, and they were in Cleveburg for the annual Golic family reunion. It would have been more appropriately called the "Let's Blow Johnny Football Fest." In case you didn't know, guys, we should just call it a season right now. Pitt & Baltimore too. I mean, fuggit, just hand JFF and the Browns the Lombardi right now.

It looks like the media have found their new Favre. Gawd help us all.

So I made the mistake of turning on dumb & dumber this morning, and they were in Cleveburg for the annual Golic family reunion. It would have been more appropriately called the "Let's Blow Johnny Football Fest." In case you didn't know, guys, we should just call it a season right now. Pitt & Baltimore too. I mean, fuggit, just hand JFF and the Browns the Lombardi right now.

My predictions is he is broken by week 6 this season and broke in three years due to being out of football.

My predictions is he is broken by week 6 this season and broke in three years due to being out of football.

Oh, I hope not. I'm looking forward to the Bengals getting a shot at him!

• 2 weeks later...

So I guess with Josh Gordon possibly suspended all year, Cleveland felt they didn't have enough turds left on the roster.

Cleveland has added some depth in its secondary in the form of free agent cornerback Aaron Berry.

Things haven’t gone smoothly for the 25-year-old Berry in his first four NFL seasons. He was cut by the Lions in 2012 after he was arrested twice in a month, once for drunk driving and once after he was accused of brandishing a gun in a parking lot. The NFL suspended him for three games for those incidents, and after he signed with the Jets following his suspension he had injury problems, first a hamstring injury late in the 2012 season and then a torn ACL in training camp in 2013.

• 1 month later...

DWI. Add another to an already brutal series of events for the Browns this year. I sure hope Gordon can get his act together and come back to play again, but it's not looking good for him and his fans!

/>https://twitter.com/MAndersonWKYC/status/485497333870637058

And what comes to your mind when thinking about a person tightly rolling up a dollar bill in a Vegas bathroom ??

Yeah, there's a downward turn in good NFL news at this point in time, but the Browns can't like this.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/07/manziels-latest-vegas-trip-creates-an-interesting-photo/

• 3 weeks later...

How do they expect Johnny Football to beat out Hoyer? Hoyer studied under Bellicheat and Brady, and when he got his chance last year he looked very good (until knee injury). Manziel comes in and his constant refrain is , "I'm only 21," or whatever age, to justify his constant partying. The Browns are just stupid. I love Manziel's game, but if you read the scouting reports that leaked from the Patriots, you'd never expect him to thrive in the NFL. Their owner is a moron.

The only hope for Browns fans is that the team does in fact have some real talent on it.

Now, can a new head coach and GM figure out what to do with it ?? Can they get out of their own way ??

As much as seeing Manziel's face in an article makes me want to punch him, i'm intrigued by what he may do up there.

Then again, Hoyer is probably going to be the starter at the beginning of the season.