53 Man Roster as is.

Kazkal

as far as Leon Hall goes, if he is out for the season, we really see a problem on our defense. That puts Ghee, Kirkpatrick, and someone else... maybe CLH into the spotlight. I`d guess two torn achilles tendons signals an early retirement for Hall.

Is it the same leg?

Either way, coming back from one in each leg, or a second on one, seems a long shot.

Hall has played with pride, focus and worked very hard to come back. Has played well until this unfortunate injury. Tough break for an excellent player. Still should have tipped that f**king pass to Thomas out of bounds....which then Stokely caught.

It is time for Kirk to step up. He and Ghee need to pick up and play. Anyone out there to trade for or sign? How about a player on the bad record teams? Giants, Jax, TB, Bills....

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Per LaCanfora tonight Hall is done for the year. What a tough break.

Maybe we can trade a pick to Houston for JJoe...

Ya and put in his contract he can have all the free Gatorade he wants,All honesty I'd be Okay with it even if it cost us fairly high pick (not sure how I'd feel about a 1st though)

With Margis Hunt in the wings, maybe shop MJ? Vikings need a guy to replace Jared Allen.

Their rookie CB Xavier Rhodes is a very good prospect.

Pretty sure we can't trade him since he's the Franchise player.

PS,Maybe Browns would trade Haden for a 1st

It's time for Kirkpatrick to step up, folks.

Don't expect any panic or blockbuster trades.

Yup. I was listening to M&M on the way in this morning and they had Bill Polian on. He passed along a quip from Ozzie Newsome that "there are no players left by Halloween" in response to a question about who some teams might sign, and added "and it's pretty close to Halloween." At this point you go to war with what you have.

FWIW according to Hobson this morning it's the other Achilles Hall tore, not the same one as before.

I think it will be Pacman and Newman starting, with some combination of Dre, old man Crocker and Ghee in the nickle. But yeah, any way you slice it Kirkpatrick is up. Even if Hall makes it back from Achilles tear No. 2, we saw last time it took him a good half-season to round back into shape. Ghee can't stay off the injury report. Newman and Crocker are a combined 982 years old. And while Jones has played well, his constant off-field incidents make relying on him a gamble.

I think we can pencil corner in at the top of the list for next April.

I think it was certainly a top round pick before Hall's injury.

Now ?? I'm thinking round 1 is as near as a certainty as possible at this point.

I guess it depends on free agency, but they have some in house work in that area already.

If Kirkpartick doesn't do well for the remainder of the season, it's going to be rough.

I think it will be Pacman and Newman starting, with some combination of Dre, old man Crocker and Ghee in the nickle. But yeah, any way you slice it Kirkpatrick is up. Even if Hall makes it back from Achilles tear No. 2, we saw last time it took him a good half-season to round back into shape. Ghee can't stay off the injury report. Newman and Crocker are a combined 982 years old. And while Jones has played well, his constant off-field incidents make relying on him a gamble.

Hopefully Dre, Ghee or Cris Lewis Harris(not even sure if that is the practice squad players name or not) can step up and play decent in the third corner role.

No surprise, but mort reporting tonight that Hall is being placed on IR.

Sucks donkey balls.

Pardon me while I give a very dead horse one more flog, but gawd fukkin damn it they should have thrown the vault at JJoe.

Flog over.

I understand your frustration but it's a salary cap league and you can't keep everyone. They kept the one who would sign here. You can't blame the Bengals for not knowing that Hall would rip both Achilles.

No surprise, but mort reporting tonight that Hall is being placed on IR.

Sucks donkey balls.

Pardon me while I give a very dead horse one more flog, but gawd fukkin damn it they should have thrown the vault at JJoe.

Flog over.

I understand your frustration but it's a salary cap league and you can't keep everyone. They kept the one who would sign here. You can't blame the Bengals for not knowing that Hall would rip both Achilles.

Oh, I know. I'm just shouting at the clouds.

In other news, Reedy says they put in a waiver claim on CB Jordan Poyer but got trumped by the factory of sadness.

However this is time now for Kirkpatrick, and Ghee to show what they can do........ if they stay healthy.

I have real concerns about these two glass-backs, they can't even cope with the physicalities of camps/practice let alone a run of NFL games.

Are we able to sign a free-agent or do we have to go with the squad we have ?

I'm assuming that practice squad player Onterio Mccalebb is nowhere near ready to have a shot at being involved as he didn't feature in any of the pre-season games

Kirkpatrick starting ?? Yep, sh*t just got real.

I would say it's "Sink or Swim" time, but since it's Kirkpatrick, maybe it's "Sink or Swag" time ??

While I won't admit to liking the term, i'm hoping for more swag than sink.

Expecting bumps while hoping for the best.

Swag or Stink seems more befitting.

I think it was certainly a top round pick before Hall's injury.

Now ?? I'm thinking round 1 is as near as a certainty as possible at this point.

I guess it depends on free agency, but they have some in house work in that area already.

If Kirkpartick doesn't do well for the remainder of the season, it's going to be rough.

Hell we may have Draft 2, Newman is getting up there in Years Hall Can't stay healthy Pacman is getting older.

Hopefully Dre Steps up o.O

Bengals sign DE David King to the taxi squad. Former 7th round pick by Philly.

We are loaded at DE and need a CB badly, but they sign another DE? WTF is one of the DE' s we have hurt?

This is probably just a guy that they had recruited during the draft process and they were excited to see him available.

Marvin's press conference seemed to have him saying "the replacement for Hall is right here" but for me, that misses the point

Next man up, fine, but whoever was the **last man** on the depth chart - that guy moved up a spot, so the that spot has to be filled with a new cornerback

So Prater is no longer available? Fine, bring in Curtis Marsh again, or whoever. They need a backup corner at the very least

That said, I'd still prefer they trade for a quality player - I look at this as a playoff run and imho they need a decent player in there to keep the defensive secondary solid