Bengals @ Falcons Pregame Chatter

HoosierCat

And we're off. Welcome to the 2013 (pre)season, folks! The Bengals are headed to Atlanta for a couple days of practice with the Falcons, ahead of Thursday night's game. Nine Bengals are already out for the game.

As expected, Andrew Hawkins (ankle), wide receiver A.J. Green (knee) and left tackle Andrew Whitworth won't be making the trip to Atlanta. Also not making the trip are tight end Alex Smith (knee), defensive tackle Larry Black (ankle), right tackle Reid Fragel (knee), wide receiver Tyrone Goard (concussion), defensive tackle Brandon Thompson (knee), and fullback Chris Pressley (knee).

Pressley looks headed for the PUP list according to Hobson.

Atlanta isn't exactly thrilled that the Bengals are bringing the Hard Knocks cameras with them. More from Atlanta's HC here.

My prediction: Bengals 70, Falcons 0 :)

Did anyone watch the Dallas v Miami game last night? It was actually a decent game for being the first one of the season.

Not sure if I like the Dolphins new unis though. I guess I'm just used to a little more green. The new shirts were really bright.

I watched the game for a little while and neither team played hardly any of the starters.

Not as fun when you don't know the participants.

It won't be like that with the Bengals though. I'm looking forward to seeing the 2nd and 3rd stringers go at it !!!

No predictions, as I really don't care about the final score all that much in preseason.

Quick, someone get a cross, a hammer and some wooden stakes!!!

Former Bengals offensive coordinator Bob Bratkowski visited the Bengals headquarters here at the Legacy Lodge for a Monday lunch before practice.

Also a little tidbit on the RB-to-CB project:

Zimmer has seen enough in rookie free-agent cornerback Onterio McCalebb that he's going to keep the burner at corner and not give him back to the offense, where he was a running back for Auburn. He's still raw, but Zimmer says McCalebb turns his hips and runs like an NFL corner. He's also anxious to see how the 170-pound McCalebb hits.

At this point in time, I could care less how McCalebb hits.

I'm much more intrigued in how his speed can be put to good use on returns.

Especially if that ability puts one Mr. Tate out of a job.

I hadn't even thought of that - I was thinking of if he could cover Torrey Smith on a deep route

Agreed that hitting was the last thing on my mind

Did anyone watch the Dallas v Miami game last night? It was actually a decent game for being the first one of the season.

Not sure if I like the Dolphins new unis though. I guess I'm just used to a little more green. The new shirts were really bright.

thats why u arent dolphins fan, i like last year color better as well. but my brother who is miami dolphins fan love this color alot better. and i understand his point. this color is original color of dolphins jersey, he said he is fan of dolphins because of dan marino and that color, when they made it darker in 1997, he wasnt happy with it.

At this point in time, I could care less how McCalebb hits.

I'm much more intrigued in how his speed can be put to good use on returns.

Especially if that ability puts one Mr. Tate out of a job.

I hadn't even thought of that - I was thinking of if he could cover Torrey Smith on a deep route

Agreed that hitting was the last thing on my mind

I just figured he doesn't really have much of a chance at being one of the true CB's on this team.

His speed is the only reason he is here and the best way to get use of that is in the return game.

I could be wrong, but seeing as how he was moved from the RB position, I don't have great expectations of what he could do at CB.

thats why u arent dolphins fan, i like last year color better as well. but my brother who is miami dolphins fan love this color alot better. and i understand his point. this color is original color of dolphins jersey, he said he is fan of dolphins because of dan marino and that color, when they made it darker in 1997, he wasnt happy with it.

I remember their uniforms from the 70's but I don't remember the blue/green color being that bright. Not sure what their 1960's ones looked like.

Reedy just tweeted this from practice.

Falcons First offense goes 6 of 7 and scores TD on Bengals defense

Season over. 0-16 here we come. Bring on Johnny Football!!

Did you read the report on 11on 11 that the bengals d-line dominated, and Geathers and Geno had sacks! Rey had a tipped pass that Harrison picked off in the red zone? So maybe they will win 5 games :-)!

Did you read the report on 11on 11 that the bengals d-line dominated, and Geathers and Geno had sacks! Rey had a tipped pass that Harrison picked off in the red zone? So maybe they will win 5 games :-)!

OK I'll give them one win against Cleveland. :)

With all his off-feild problems he would never make it past the new Bengals smell test. He is a suspension waiting to happen.

With all his off-feild problems he would never make it past the new Bengals smell test. He is a suspension waiting to happen.

Agreed. Would take Taj Boyd over him at this point.

Anybody else excited to see Cobi Hamilton tomorrow? He is one guy im going to watch very close, with the WR injuries he should play a lot.

There are a bunch of guys that i'm looking forward to seeing play.

Almost all of the linebackers come to mind for me outside of the starters.

Cobi Hamilton is certainly one of those guys.

Rex Burkhead is another.

When and how much playing time does Shawn Williams get ?? Sean Porter ??

How about McCaleeb at CB ?? Does he get shots in the return game ??

Then there are guys on the D and O lines that will get time as well.

Dontay Moch back at DE, DeQuin Evans, Fragel, and Hawkinson.

There are more i'm sure, but that group of linebackers intrigues me.

Jordan Campbell, Brandon Joiner, Bruce Taylor, Aaron Maybin

All I know is I can't wait to watch them tonight !!!