Sad Hobo now a Cardinal

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9124762/carson-palmer-traded-oakland-raiders-arizona-cardinals

Cost was swapping a Raider 7th for a Cardinal 6th plus a conditional Cardinal 7th in 2014

so the Cardinals did not even pay a full pick to get him...the one next year may not even come into play, as he has to start at least 13 games for the Raiders to earn it :-)

Kind of funny to watch the conclusion of one of the worst deals in Oakland history.

That said, and as much as I love to nitpick the guy, Carson didn't have such a bad season in Oakland. His stats (while not great) aren't overly horrific considering his cast of receivers. It'll be interesting to see how he gels with Fitzgerald.

Yeah, Prisco had a column the other day noting his numbers last season were virtually identical to Flacco's. But Palmer had no help at all last year. I watched about a quarter of one Raiders game last year and I think I counted seven or so drops. DHB makes Gresham look like a sure-handed ball vacuum.

ETA: deal is reportedly 2 years, $20 million.

Palmer's issue was never his stats. They've always been there.

His tendency to throw INT's at the worst possible moment was staggering.

Of course you have to get by the being a little quitter bitch as well.

Lets see how his style of leadership works in Arizona.

Is the "stick your head up your ass" method really considered leadership ??

I was wondering if anyone else saw that.

WHAT A B*TCH !!!

50 picks in the last 4 seasons. Two consecutive 4 win seasons in '11 and '12. How are those for stats?

Sorry Hobo has to be a witch who can cast a very wicked spell over GMs and owners, a spell that prompts them to shower him with money in amounts so disproportionate to his ability to produce that the dead possum in the road in front of my house is shaking his head over it. What in the hell is going on? 8-10 million a year? I honestly thought he'd get about 3 million per year. That's about the rate for washed up qbs who show up in their new town accompanied by their own flock of circling failure vultures, isn't it? Well, isn't it?

He'll have some good days with Fitzgerald, but that's just so he can more cruelly break their hearts when he starts chucking it to the other team. I'll eat a pile of AIDS if he doesn't have Fitzgerald exchanging route-imitating hand gestures and stupidly confused facial expressions as they walk off the field after Sorry Hobo ices it for the other team with like his third pick of the game. That will start happening in late October.

It's times like these that I'm totally pissed at Billy for getting his ass thrown in the jailhouse for what must have been his hundredth drunk driving charge, because if he were here he'd be trolling the Cardinal forums and reporting back here on their utter, abject, blackest black depression, or on their baseless, fifth day of a six day manic phase optimism. F**king Arizona, they throw a perfectly good guy in the penitentiary, and they give Sorry Hobo 20 million bucks to come to their state and basically take a giant crap on their high-tech football field in the desert. And they probably won't throw him in the can no matter how many crimes against humanity he commits under the guise of playing football.

Free Billy, incarcerate Palmer now on general principle. Or if you want to you can wait until fall, he'll certainly provide plenty of justification for throwing him in a tent inside a chain link fence or whatever Arizona is passing off as jail these days.

• Like 1

Palmer behind the Cardinals' offensive line might get ugly quick.

This was my thought as well. I know they had injury problems and whatnot on their line but it was ugly last year. If it doesn't improve substantially, Carson's going to get pummeled and he won't last 13 games. They play in a division that gets after the QB with teams like SF and Sea. I think Oak was a much better fit for Carson

There was an interview and he was talking about his time getting short to win a championship.

BWAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAHAAAAAAAAA !!!

My good friend is a Cardinals fan and he's been irrate about the move.

sorry but your friend must be stupid. cardinals have the most crap qb group in nfl last year, yes even worst than jets. and palmer is best qb that cardinals can get this year, and based on what i read, draft for qb is crap this year. so cardinals just made very smart move.

you all bengals fans can hate him all you want, i dont, but you all know he is very good qb and still is, i know he is not as good as he was at 2005 but he still is better than half of qb starter in nfl.

There was an interview and he was talking about his time getting short to win a championship.

sorry but your friend must be stupid. cardinals have the most crap qb group in nfl last year, yes even worst than jets. and palmer is best qb that cardinals can get this year, and based on what i read, draft for qb is crap this year. so cardinals just made very smart move.

you all bengals fans can hate him all you want, i dont, but you all know he is very good qb and still is, i know he is not as good as he was at 2005 but he still is better than half of qb starter in nfl.

Dim, I cant agree with him being better than half the QB's in the NFL. He is still a better option for the Cardinals than what they had, but he only fits on teams in desperate need of a QB at this point in his career. I could have seen him in Miami and Arizona, possibly Kansas City, Cleveland or Jacksonville, but those are the only teams I can think of that would benefit from picking him up.

That just doesnt add up to half of the NFL, he is a lower tier option with potential.

Carsn is not a good fit for the Cardinals. With their crap O line, they need a mobile QB like Tavaris Jackson or Vince Young. Carson will get crunched in that porous pocket

Carsn is not a good fit for the Cardinals. With their crap O line, they need a mobile QB like Tavaris Jackson or Vince Young. Carson will get crunched in that porous pocket

What are you stupid ??

:lmao:

It's inarguable that Palmer is an upgrade at QB for Arizona. How much of an upgrade remains to be seen. I do agree th o-line will be a big factor.

Him being an upgrade (which I admit wholeheartedly) does not make him a quality NFL QB, better than half the starters in the league.

I know you didn't say that Hoosier, but that's a flawed line of thought.

• 2 weeks later...

hoboclown.jpg

I think Palmer will do better in AZ than he did in Oakland.

I really don't like him for his quitting but he can still be decent. Will AZ win the NFC West, what with Seattle and SF becoming monsters, I doubt it.