Five and Two - Wow

kingwilly

Well, it did not always look pretty but the men in stripes closed out Seattle in crushing fashion lifting their record to 5-2. With wins on the road at Seattle, Cleveland, Jax, and maybe most important is getting the win coming off the Bye (not ML's forte). I am very impressed, as they show continued improvement despite some mistakes and are finding ways to win games that for many years they didn't have the team to win.

In the two losses, they've lost by a total of 7 points...

Given where they started and where they are, anyone else think this might be Marvin's best job of coaching yet?

Well, it did not always look pretty but the men in stripes closed out Seattle in crushing fashion lifting their record to 5-2. With wins on the road at Seattle, Cleveland, Jax, and maybe most important is getting the win coming off the Bye (not ML's forte). I am very impressed, as they show continued improvement despite some mistakes and are finding ways to win games that for many years they didn't have the team to win.

In the two losses, they've lost by a total of 7 points...

Given where they started and where they are, anyone else think this might be Marvin's best job of coaching yet?

I think its Marvins best coaching because he can just coach, and not have to babysit divas all the time, or players that dont want to be here. I think Marvin is relaxed, and can just be himself and he has the players he wants to coach!

Sure looks like it right now. Of course, you have to give everyone credit -- coaches, players, management, the whole organization.

Still a lot of work to do, tho.

5-2. Upcoming game at Tennessee.

Going into the second half of the season the Bengals play 5 home games and 3 road games. So far on the road they are 3-1. That's huge.

Here's a look at what they have after Tennessee:

Home against:

Pittsburgh

Cleveland

Arizona

Houston

Baltimore

3-2 is a likely outcome.

Away against:

Baltimore

Pittsburgh

St. Louis

1-2 is likely but they have had success in both Baltimore and Pittsburgh. St. Louis beat NO today and is no gimme.

If, if, if...they can beat Tennessee and go 6-2, it is very possible that they finish around 10-6 and with some luck 11-5. That's right there in the playoff hunt. Right now, they need to take care of business and beat the Titans.

How big has the Titans game just become?

Tennessee, although not big scorers (there are 18 teams in the NFL having accumulated more points thus far this season) are 3-1 at home and coming off of a win. Cincinnati as we know are 3-1 on the road and rolling with a 4 game winning streak.

A win @ Tennessee and we go into the Pittsburgh game brimming with confidence, a loss and the pressure to get a result against Pitts really mounts.

Following the Titans match we have FOUR consecutive divisional games.

How big are the final two games of the season going to be? They're both at PBS so there's a real opportunity for Bengals fans to get behind their team and make some noise ala Seattle yesterday and have a positive effect on the team/games/season.

I still have grave concerns about the offense (which is impotent when it comes down to it).

But no one's complaining about being 5-2 at this point ultimately. They win ugly and with defense/ST's obviously.

Dalton is sharp and all he has to do is find AJ or Simpson once or twice a game deep, and not lose the game (his INT's were more or less punts, which they can live with if they have to).

The running game has to get better (via the o-line, which has been pretty bad all year).

agree that they'll drop a safety.

maybe Taylor Mays?

I'd be surprised if it's Mays. He missed all of training camp and got hurt so they knew he was an investment in the future. Now's not the time to cut bait on that

maybe Taylor Mays?

I'd be surprised if it's Mays. He missed all of training camp and got hurt so they knew he was an investment in the future. Now's not the time to cut bait on that

you can say the same thing about Sands. one of those two is probably the cut. shouldn't cut Miles since he's contributing. as far as PS goes: if I'm one of these 0-7 teams, I'd likely claim whichever Bengals safety is cut.

who'd have thought that we wouldn't be the team that was scouring the waiver wires?

maybe Taylor Mays?

Actually Lap said on Sunday, that Mays is the hardest working bengals at practice, and Marvin said he is soon going to play and more then just special teams. So sounds like they are very high on Mays, and may have some packages to play in soon!

I'd say yes, and he does more than just coach, but i'd also give an assist to both Zimm, and Gruden. These players also buy into what the coaching staff is selling, no distractions......

My biggest concern is this team will be picked apart before it really gets going. If the Bengals finish in the Top 5 in Defense at the end of the year, my fear is someone will lure Zimm away with a Head Coaching gig......A lot of coaches are on the Hot Seat this year, and there might be a lot of turnover in the offseason.

maybe Taylor Mays?

Actually Lap said on Sunday, that Mays is the hardest working bengals at practice, and Marvin said he is soon going to play and more then just special teams. So sounds like they are very high on Mays, and may have some packages to play in soon!

I guess you were right-- they kept all of those safeties, and just dropped Morgan Trent

maybe Taylor Mays?

I guess you were right-- they kept all of those safeties, and just dropped Morgan Trent

Didn't see that coming.

maybe Taylor Mays?

Didn't see that coming.

Tells me that Jones is going to play this week and that Jennings might finally have gotten healthy. Trent is not a starting caliber CB in the NFL. Although, Seattle might grab him with all the injuries they have this season at CB.