Bengals vs. Jaguars Pre-game thread

Spor_tees

The interesting question is who do they cut in order to make room for Big Bobbie?

My guess is that they waive Otis Hudson and then re-sign him to the PS after he clears waivers (which he will).

Well what about Jeromy Miles or Cedric Peerman? They are carrying a glut of RB's eventhough Benson still might be suspended. Robert Sands? Carson Palmer? Heh just kidding!

i think peerman may be waived, 4 rb is too many in my opinion

They can't very well waive him with the Benson suspension hanging over their heads

No other team is going to pick him up. They can just put him on the street until Benson does get suspended, if he ever does. It just doesn't make sense to have Benson, Leonard, Scott, Peerman, and Pressly on the roster. I believe they originally did keep Peerman because a birdy told them a suspension was coming for Benson, but now he might not get suspended at all.

They waived Hudson. The riveting Peerman debate can officially end.

The deal with Hudson made just as much sense as Peerman. Hudson has been on the roster all year and yet hasn't been healthy enough to do anything, let alone dress on the sidelines. Did they announce who they kicked off the practice squad to make room for Hudson?

Oh for gawd's sake. Check reedy's practice report from today:

#bengals did not practice Jennings (foot); limited: Miles (groin), A.Smith (foot), Moch (foot); full: Crocker (knee), Mays (illness)

Really? Again?

The most troubling part of this little tidbit? To his credit, Flesh Zepplin has lost a large child's worth of weight. That must indicate the foot issue is more than just gravity crushing his bones. Just when we were have believing the 'bust' tag was officially off the table...

#bengals did not practice Jennings (foot); limited: Miles (groin), A.Smith (foot), Moch (foot); full: Crocker (knee), Mays (illness)

Really? Again?

Unbelievable. Hopefully it's just sore and he can go Sunday.

Really? Again?

The most troubling part of this little tidbit? To his credit, Flesh Zepplin has lost a large child's worth of weight. That must indicate the foot issue is more than just gravity crushing his bones. Just when we were have believing the 'bust' tag was officially off the table...

Ok, before I get bashed for overreacting...fine. Perhaps it's just a little nothing that'll be fine. Fingers crossed.

Really? Again?

Ok, before I get bashed for overreacting...fine. Perhaps it's just a little nothing that'll be fine. Fingers crossed.

I read somewhere else on another site that his being limited in practice was simply precautionary.

I read somewhere else on another site that his being limited in practice was simply precautionary.

I checked the enquirer site as well as bengals.com and couldn't find any more info, so who knows. But even if it's only precautionary, it's not a good sign for a guy with known major foot issues just a month into the season. OTOH one of the guys over at CJ has been tracking the o-line's performance this year and Andre hasn't exactly been knocking 'em dead this year, though given all the turmoil at RG I'm inclined to cut him some slack.

I checked the enquirer site as well as bengals.com and couldn't find any more info, so who knows. But even if it's only precautionary, it's not a good sign for a guy with known major foot issues just a month into the season. OTOH one of the guys over at CJ has been tracking the o-line's performance this year and Andre hasn't exactly been knocking 'em dead this year, though given all the turmoil at RG I'm inclined to cut him some slack.

How bad would it be to see Anthony Collins or Dennis Roland come in and do a better job than Smith? Isn't this coming year a club option season?

Really? Again?

Is this the last year of his rookie contract? Or is there a club option? Can't remember.

That must indicate the foot issue is more than just gravity crushing his bones.

Problem is, stress fractures often don't heal completely and become a lifelong lingering issue. So even if he lost some weight - which will no doubt help - it's not at all surprising that the problem recurs despite the weight loss. Those who have suffered stress fractures tend to be pretty paranoid about reactivating the problem, though, so (as mentioned) let's hope that's all it is.

Just when we were have believing the 'bust' tag was officially off the table...

At what point during his screen door impersonation at RT did that happen?

That must indicate the foot issue is more than just gravity crushing his bones.

Problem is, stress fractures often don't heal completely and become a lifelong lingering issue. So even if he lost some weight - which will no doubt help - it's not at all surprising that the problem recurs despite the weight loss. Those who have suffered stress fractures tend to be pretty paranoid about reactivating the problem, though, so (as mentioned) let's hope that's all it is.

Just when we were have believing the 'bust' tag was officially off the table...

At what point during his screen door impersonation at RT did that happen?

Sounds like Yao Ming...it just never fully heals no matter how much rest, or how many surgeries.

Hes probable for the game. Alot of guys during the week rest through out the season, so my guess is they did this to give that foot alittle rest. I have not heard anything really all week about it, nothing about him in a boot or anything like that, so looks like he will go for Sunday.

Weather for down there on Sunday looks kind of crappy, looks like a rainy day, so running the ball is a must!

The deal with Hudson made just as much sense as Peerman. Hudson has been on the roster all year and yet hasn't been healthy enough to do anything, let alone dress on the sidelines. Did they announce who they kicked off the practice squad to make room for Hudson?

Jason Shirley.

Jason Shirley.

Shirley has been a waste from day one. He was an big athletic guy with lots of upside but the wrong types of problems. The NFL is no place for immature, lazy, guys with a history with the law. Just another wasted pick that was a shot in the dark. Maybe he can go back to California and find a job working with Sean Brewer.

Now that the defense has this #1 ranking i just wonder how they will respond. With a young team this is the only thing that worries me, how will this team respond after a comeback win, or how the defense will play knowing they have a #1 defense. Maybe this week will tell us something, they might be playing a team that isnt considered the best, but a win here might just boost some confidence in this team, that they can win. I cant remember the last time they won 2 games in a row, so win this game and build some confidence that they can win, and who knows maybe a .500 record might not be to far off.

Really? Again?

Is this the last year of his rookie contract? Or is there a club option? Can't remember.

they did not