I'm not a fan of the new kick off rule.

This kicking off from the 35 yard line is just ridiculous IMO. It seems to me that 75% of all kicks result in a touchback. BORING!!! Is the NFL trying to kill itself with all this "trying to protect the players" BS!?! Why don't they hang two flags from their hips, or play two hand touch. F**king Roger is out of his mind!

This kicking off from the 35 yard line is just ridiculous IMO. It seems to me that 75% of all kicks result in a touchback. BORING!!! Is the NFL trying to kill itself with all this "trying to protect the players" BS!?! Why don't they hang two flags from their hips, or play two hand touch. F**king Roger is out of his mind!

Meh. Doesn't bother me one so much. Maybe because the Bengals don't seem likely to be kicking off more than one time per game. <_<

This kicking off from the 35 yard line is just ridiculous IMO. It seems to me that 75% of all kicks result in a touchback.

News Update.....Shayne Graham STILL can't get his kickoffs in the end zone

Speaking of Shayne, the Redskins cut him a week ago, and from what I can tell he hasn't signed anywhere else. I wonder if he regrets not signing the long term deal the Bengals offered him? Even after he got tagged, I believe the Bengals still offered a long term thing no doubt with a sizable signing bonus.

/>http://www.nytimes.com/2011/08/15/sports/football/redskins-cut-veteran-kicker-shayne-graham.html

Yeah this really dampens the kickoff return factor in games. Oh well, that's something the Bengals haven't done well in decades anyways.

Exactly. While I agree the new rule sucks -- why not just eliminate the kickoff and have every drive start at the 20? -- it probably helps the Bengals. Our kick coverage has been crap for the last couple seasons and while I don't mind Quan and Scott neither have proven to be big breakaway threats.

Yeah this really dampens the kickoff return factor in games. Oh well, that's something the Bengals haven't done well in decades anyways.

-- why not just eliminate the kickoff and have every drive start at the 20? --

I read an article about this recently where a few coaches thought that's exactly what the NFL is working towards. Others thought the coaches were just overreacting, and I can't see the NFL going that far, but it's interesting that a lot of people are starting to suspect it.