Rivers Could Miss Half the Season

HoosierCat

Apparently the surgery was to totally rebuild his wrist.

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/7/30/2306244/report-keith-rivers-may-not-return-until-midway-through-the-regular

& while we're on the subject of injured LBs Hobson tweeted that Muckelroy went down in LB drills. Dunno if it's anything serious or not.

Apparently the surgery was to totally rebuild his wrist.

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2011/7/30/2306244/report-keith-rivers-may-not-return-until-midway-through-the-regular

& while we're on the subject of injured LBs Hobson tweeted that Muckelroy went down in LB drills. Dunno if it's anything serious or not.

Good thing they signed Howard, i think he can come in and start right away i liked that signing. This will put a damper on his getting better, because i still think Rivers has alot to prove. They said they are still looking at signing another outside LB, so not sure who they will go after.

Good thing they signed Howard, i think he can come in and start right away i liked that signing. This will put a damper on his getting better, because i still think Rivers has alot to prove. They said they are still looking at signing another outside LB, so not sure who they will go after.

Keith Rivers has alot to prove is an understatement. I called Keith Rivers the reincarnation of Brian Simmons, I need to apologize to Brian Simmons if I ever see him for saying that. The only way I would be happy with how Rivers played up to this point is if we had picked him up as an unsigned free agent. I don't think he ever earned his spot on the field and was given that position because of where he was drafted. I honestly think Brandon Johnson and Rashad Jeanty were better players than he has proven to be. His production surely has been lacking for where he was chosen.

They totally rebuilt his wrist? I can't envision him playing this year after such a surgery. It takes longer than a couple months to heal from extensive surgery like that.

I don't think this story,or at least the source, is very reliable. You're right. "Rebuilding a wrist" would seem to be the kind of an injury that would put a guy on injured reserve. For all we know, the "unnamed member of the Bengals' organization" is the guy from Hard Knocks who leads the players onto the field before games and cleans up the sideline area.

• 3 months later...