Morgan Trent Cut, Then Un-Cut

HoosierCat

Brandon Ghee, come on down! That dude better adjust his kamikaze style of play, because I see them using him a lot and he needs to be healthy to perform. He'll probably blow someone up in camp and break his shoulder/arm/neck/skull, or some other unforeseen body part.

Failed his physical. Did you all went them to keep a guy who failed his physical?

No, but that's not the point. Losing Trent just adds insult to injury.

Joseph - gone

Trent - gone

Pacman - hurt

Nothing against Ghee, but I'm not real anxious for him to be the opening day starter opposite Hall.

By the way, I wasn't alone in the observation that the bengals' front office was uniquely ill-positioned to be able to handle this kind of accelerated free agency period and that the ensuing train wreck would be glorious to watch, but, wow. I might have even under-estimated how awkward this is for them.

I guess he's better all of a sudden.

Per another tweet, the bengals have rescinded the waiver.

That's, well, that's kinda clown shoes.

Even for them.

The head clown may have left town but the circus continues, eh?

I wouldn't be surprised if the rescision came after Zim started screaming about WTF was he going to do for a secondary...

I guess he's better all of a sudden.

Per another tweet, the bengals have rescinded the waiver.

Good, because I for one, liked the kid. I thought he played well in place of the Injured JJoe a couple of seasons ago, and liked his potential. He can be a very good nickle CB when Adam Jones gets back, and even a starter (if they don't sign anyone better) in the meantime.

Failed his physical. Did you all went them to keep a guy who failed his physical?

No, but that's not the point. Losing Trent just adds insult to injury.

Joseph - gone

Trent - gone

Pacman - hurt

Nothing against Ghee, but I'm not real anxious for him to be the opening day starter opposite Hall.

So lets recap.

You're against the idea of Ghee starting at CB, but you "advocated" giving the starting QB job to a rookie immediately, without any real competition. In fact, you repeatedly and loudly argued against the signing of any veteran QB who might push Dalton to the bench for any length of time.

Obviously some of you have better weed than I do.

Johansen has some explanation of what went on with Trent:

Brad Johansen

Source close to situation tells me he has restructured his contract to protect Bengals on surgically repaired knee . Now he's back on roster

22 minutes ago

Brad Johansen

Bengals say they made mistake w/ media release waiving Morgan Trent. He was released after conditioning test due to concern w/knee. (next)

23 minutes ago

Hmmm...sign a player with a bum knee but protect yourself in case it doesn't heal?

I guess we should call this the "Antonio Bryant Clause."

Maybe he was gonna get cut after they resigned Joseph and but then we didn't and someone forgot to notify that person to pull back the notice? I'd love to be there when Marvin tries to explain that one to Trent.

I wonder if this is the beginning of the end for Coach Zimmer here?

By the way, I wasn't alone in the observation that the bengals' front office was uniquely ill-positioned to be able to handle this kind of accelerated free agency period and that the ensuing train wreck would be glorious to watch, but, wow. I might have even under-estimated how awkward this is for them.

I wasn't buying that rant before free agency began and I'm certainly not buying it now.

They put Palmer on ice the moment he didn't report.

They traded Chad.

All but one draft pick is signed. AJ Green never missed a practice. Neither did Dalton.

They signed a buttload of their own FA's today.

They cut several others.

And by last count they had signed three FA's from other teams and still have tens of millions in cap space left.

Granted, they lost JJoe in FA but not because events happened too fast for them to cope. For reasons yet to be explained they just didn't pull the trigger. Stupid? Probably, but they've done the same things before during normal FA conditions.

Just saying...

Not meant and wasn't meant to be a rant. Just an obsevstion on how this front office does business and how unique this situation is for them. And you know i am not one bugged by the joseph thing.

Gotcha.

But again, I'm not seeing a reason to panic. In fact, I wanted Gradkowski by name and had advocated OG as the Bengals single biggest need in FA. And I wanted Chad gone. So my offseason wishlist hasn't been ignored.

Frankly, the FA frenzy didn't happen. Deals have come consistently but slower than predicted. Much anticipated trades developed slower than predicted and for less money. Other predicted trades have failed outright. The only teams moving quickly are contending teams looking for the last missing piece. Everybody else is grinding.

As long as they have/had a contingency plan in place should they have lost Joseph, I am fine. I always thought it a good chance that he would sign elsewhere, and I am assuming they had that in mind as well. If so, then they should be in touch with Rodgers' agent already.

My concern heading into this week was the pace not matching their style of deliberation. How they deal with the Joseph situation will address my concerns (or not).

In fact, I wanted Gradkowski by name and had advocated OG as the Bengals single biggest need in FA.

And I wanted Chad gone. So my offseason wishlist hasn't been ignored.

Even with my disgust with the Palmer situation and our disagreement on it, I couldn't agree with you more and have said the same thing.

Palmer will get handled one way or another.