Chad Ochocinco's Big Adventure

I agree with every1 the when he was CJohnson he cared about winning and doing what he could to try and help this team win, but win he was Ochocinco it was all about him...I don't have anything bad to say about Chad, I got 2 of his PB jerseys, I would like to say thank you for the years, and wish him the best...Wouldn't it be something if he went to NE like CDillon and get a ring...

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with every1 the when he was CJohnson he cared about winning and doing what he could to try and help this team win, but win he was Ochocinco it was all about him...I don't have anything bad to say about Chad, I got 2 of his PB jerseys, I would like to say thank you for the years, and wish him the best...Wouldn't it be something if he went to NE like CDillon and get a ring...

It wouldn't surprise me in the least.

First, I'd like to thank Chad Johnson for all the years of hard work, dedication, entertainment, and being the best WR this franchise has ever had. Also for being such fun to watch.

As for Chad Ochocinco, well................ middle-finger-3.gif

Congrats to the 2011 GM of the Year Mike Brown....He made his point. He wasn't going to "Reward" a player for demanding a trade, so he passed up a 2008 REDSKINS 1st Rd Pick (#21 overall) that could have gotten him guys like Chris Johnson, Rashard Mendenhall, Dustin Keller, and also a 3rd,, and would have sent Chad to a s**tty team with no chance of a title.

Yep, he showed Chad alright......He showed him by trading him to an Annual Title Contender and receiving a 2012 5th Rd and 2013 6th rd (and Pats 5th and 6th will be certainly be in the last 5 picks of the Round). Yep, you sure showed him.....Traded him to his desired team, gave him a chance at a ring, and screwed over your own franchise by making a worse trade...GENIUS.

Best part is, he's gonna show Carson too.....

F*CK YOU MIKE BROWN !!!

*****F*CK YOU Trademarked by ArmyBengal, all rights reserved*****

Congrats to the 2011 GM of the Year Mike Brown... he passed up a 2008 REDSKINS 1st Rd Pick (#21 overall) ... and also a 3rd

Don't forget, that was Danny Boy's *opening offer*. I mean, the negotiator who bent over Hamilton County in stadium negotiations easily could have turned that 3rd into a 2009 1st.

So yeah, it's...worse.

I have stated that I fully expect Chad to go to another team and have success. You don't think Chad will be totally stoked at the thought of even having a chance to win a ring ?? Dillon is a prefect example and so is Moss. Both have horrible seasons, go to the Patriots and set the world on fire. Dillion ran for over 1600 yards and Moss setting the single season TD receptions mark. Do I think Chad will be setting new heights ?? No, but it would surprise me to see his numbers rise drastically.

Yes Pimp, I look at this just like Carson now. The need to prove a point takes the priority even at a loss to the organization.

Those picks seasons ago would have sucked. Jesus...

Anybody elase catch Dave Lapham's immediate reaction to the trade shown on the NFL Network?

Nutshelled, Lapham was asked if Chad would change his ways now that he's a Patriot. Lapham agreed he would and predicted Chad would improve as a player overnight. Lapham then said what we're all thinking. That by instantly correcting most of his flaws it will only serve as proof of why Chad sucks so badly.

Best, when asked what type of player the Patriots are getting Lapham mentioned how Chad, a 10 year veteran WR, was currently guilty of running the worst routes in his entire career.

Anybody elase catch Dave Lapham's immediate reaction to the trade shown on the NFL Network?

Nutshelled, Lapham was asked if Chad would change his ways now that he's a Patriot. Lapham agreed he would and predicted Chad would improve as a player overnight. Lapham then said what we're all thinking. That by instantly correcting most of his flaws it will only serve as proof of why Chad sucks so badly.

Best, when asked what type of player the Patriots are getting Lapham mentioned how Chad, a 10 year veteran WR, was currently guilty of running the worst routes in his entire career.

I saw that as well and if nothing else, I laughed loudly and had my wife asking what was so funny.

I still think Chad does well in New England, but it's hard to disagree that his time was up here.

Hell, we all thought his time was up here LONG ago.

First, I'd like to thank Chad Johnson for all the years of hard work, dedication, entertainment, and being the best WR this franchise has ever had. Also for being such fun to watch.

Congrats to the 2011 GM of the Year Mike Brown....He made his point. He wasn't going to "Reward" a player for demanding a trade, so he passed up a 2008 REDSKINS 1st Rd Pick (#21 overall) that could have gotten him guys like Chris Johnson, Rashard Mendenhall, Dustin Keller, and also a 3rd,, and would have sent Chad to a s**tty team with no chance of a title.

Yep, he showed Chad alright......He showed him by trading him to an Annual Title Contender and receiving a 2012 5th Rd and 2013 6th rd (and Pats 5th and 6th will be certainly be in the last 5 picks of the Round). Yep, you sure showed him.....Traded him to his desired team, gave him a chance at a ring, and screwed over your own franchise by making a worse trade...GENIUS.

F*CK YOU MIKE BROWN !!!

This assclown at FOXSports read my sh*t, and stole it like 8 hours later.....

http://msn.foxsports...s-career-072811

We aren’t going to reward him for doing it.”

Sure enough, the Bengals turned down a first-round pick in 2008 and a conditional pick (somewhere in the first and third rounds) in 2009. That first rounder could've been Chris Johnson, Rashard Mendenhall, DeSean Jackson or Mike Jenkins, just to name a few.

(yes, yes, I know I wasn't the only person to ever think that, but I did write it first)

F*CK YOU MIKE BROWN !!!

This assclown at FOXSports read my sh*t, and stole it like 8 hours later.....

http://msn.foxsports...s-career-072811

We aren’t going to reward him for doing it.”

Sure enough, the Bengals turned down a first-round pick in 2008 and a conditional pick (somewhere in the first and third rounds) in 2009. That first rounder could've been Chris Johnson, Rashard Mendenhall, DeSean Jackson or Mike Jenkins, just to name a few.

(yes, yes, I know I wasn't the only person to ever think that, but I did write it first)

Sure, the #21 pick in '08 could have been Chris Johnson, Rashard Mendenhall, or DeSean Jackson... but it wouldn't have been.

The '08 draft didn't have a single WR graded as a 1st round pick. And if Cincy traded Chad, they had no one capable of being a #1 WR.

The '08 draft had Donnie Avery as the first WR taken at 33 overall, followed by Devin Thomas at 34, Jordy Nelson at 36, James Hardy at 41, Eddie Royal at 42, and of course, Jerome Simpson at 46.

So listing a bunch of players that were available with the 21st pick in '08 is revisionist history. The reason the Redskins were willing to give up so much for Chad was because there was nothing even remotely comparable in FA or in the draft that could fill his shoes. Mike Brown knew that just as much as Dan Snyder.

Do I wish MB would have traded the douchebag? Sure... but let's not pretend like DeSean Jackson or Chris Johnson were real options at #21. The Bengals would have been forced to take the highest rated WR in the draft at #21... (most likely James Hardy or Devin Thomas) which would have simultaneously been a reach and a bust.

I saw that as well and if nothing else, I laughed loudly and had my wife asking what was so funny.

I still think Chad does well in New England, but it's hard to disagree that his time was up here.

That reminds me of why I thought Lap's reaction was spot on. Of course he first noted what New England was getting by acknowledging the positives that Chad can bring. More importantly though, he then acknowledged why Cincy was parting ways with Chad NOW, instead of years ago. And according to Lap the friction between Chad and Marvin wasn't a major factor in the decision to trade. Which makes perfect sense seeing how it never had before. Nor was it simply a matter of trying to get something, anything, for a player serving under the last year of a contract. Which also makes sense when you consider how little they were willing to take.

Rather, Lap claimed the Bengals had "reluctantly concluded" sometime last season that Chad could no longer consistently win one on one matchups outside the numbers. Too much fail. Lap further claimed the Bengals never questioned Chad's effort, but felt they needed more speed on the outside. Lap claimed the Bengals believe Chad has lost "at least two steps" and worried that his play could fall off dramatically very quickly if he lost any additional speed. Complicating matters further, Chad's inability to play any other WR role means he can't be shifted to a less demanding position as he ages. Finally, the Bengals shift to a scheme that demands WR play multiple roles and positions further eroded the need for Chad.

Enter AJ Green. Instant upgrade.

That reminds me of why I thought Lap's reaction was spot on. Of course he first noted what New England was getting by acknowledging the positives that Chad can bring. More importantly though, he then acknowledged why Cincy was parting ways with Chad NOW, instead of years ago. And according to Lap the friction between Chad and Marvin wasn't a major factor in the decision to trade. Which makes perfect sense seeing how it never had before. Nor was it simply a matter of trying to get something, anything, for a player serving under the last year of a contract. Which also makes sense when you consider how little they were willing to take.

Rather, Lap claimed the Bengals had "reluctantly concluded" sometime last season that Chad could no longer consistently win one on one matchups outside the numbers. Too much fail. Lap further claimed the Bengals never questioned Chad's effort, but felt they needed more speed on the outside. Lap claimed the Bengals believe Chad has lost "at least two steps" and worried that his play could fall off dramatically very quickly if he lost any additional speed. Complicating matters further, Chad's inability to play any other WR role means he can't be shifted to a less demanding position as he ages. Finally, the Bengals shift to a scheme that demands WR play multiple roles and positions further eroded the need for Chad.

Enter AJ Green. Instant upgrade.

Nice assessment. :sure:

Nice assessment. :sure:

Just to be clear, the last bit about AJ Green being an instant upgrade was all mine. The other stuff was my best attempt to distill the odd mixture of Lap's personal opinions and the the things he passed along while speaking as the official caveman mouthpiece for the Bengals.

Thanks Clown Ass.....Thanks for the last three seasons of nothingness. You're time has come and is long gone. Good luck getting off of Revis Island this year.

:frustrated::finger::rant::2guns::bangin::chair::cursing:

/>http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-07-30/chad-ochocinco-says-hell-adapt-to-patriot-way

"Without him even having to say anything, there is no need for some of the stuff I did before,” Ochocinco said. “There's no need for it."

Thanks Clown Ass.....Thanks for the last three seasons of nothingness. You're time has come and is long gone. Good luck getting off of Revis Island this year.

:frustrated::finger::rant::2guns::bangin::chair::cursing:

/>http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-07-30/chad-ochocinco-says-hell-adapt-to-patriot-way

"Without him even having to say anything, there is no need for some of the stuff I did before,” Ochocinco said. “There's no need for it."

Yea he leaves and now wants to change. Guess he cares about football again, what a shame, and what a waste of talent here for the bengals. Chad u suck!!!

The NFL is already marketing the Ocho jersey. But someone told me that the Patriots already had a number 85 on their roster. I think it is Aaron Hernandez. WTF?

/>http://www.customjerseysshop.com/goods-4639-Chad+Ochocinco+Patriots+JerseyPremier+Stitched+New+England+Patriots+Team+Color+Jersey.html

The NFL is already marketing the Ocho jersey. But someone told me that the Patriots already had a number 85 on their roster. I think it is Aaron Hernandez. WTF?

/>http://www.customjerseysshop.com/goods-4639-Chad+Ochocinco+Patriots+JerseyPremier+Stitched+New+England+Patriots+Team+Color+Jersey.html

Hernandez gave up to Chad, because he said Chad deserves it LOL LOL

http://www.customjer...lor+Jersey.html

Fk him. He's deserves it because he changed his name to two Spanish numbers a few years ago?

I am so glad he's gone. Problem is the national media will be hanging on his every word so there is no escape from the frivolity.

Fk him. He's deserves it because he changed his name to two Spanish numbers a few years ago?

I am so glad he's gone. Problem is the national media will be hanging on his every word so there is no escape from the frivolity.

Isnt it funny when Chad played here the media was saying how he lost a step or two, now that he moves to NE all of a sudden he gained that step or two back, and will be there top reciever. I heard one guy say they finally have there outside threat to burn the CB!! Hell if you ask me one of Chads worst features was he had no idea how to read a playbook, he would never be on the same page as Carson he would let him out to dry!!! Chad sucks

Well, Chad's word is his bond, so we can all rest assured he's really going to change now. Chad's new personality will last only as long as it takes for someone to stick a camera in his face. He told us plenty of times how he was going back to no nonsense football player. Then a minute later he saw something shiny on the sidewalk and forgot what country he was in.

Isnt it funny when Chad played here the media was saying how he lost a step or two, now that he moves to NE all of a sudden he gained that step or two back, and will be there top reciever. I heard one guy say they finally have there outside threat to burn the CB!! Hell if you ask me one of Chads worst features was he had no idea how to read a playbook, he would never be on the same page as Carson he would let him out to dry!!! Chad sucks

I'm not so sure that the lack of fluid play for the WR's on this team was all thier fault. I think Palmer was at least partly to blame for reading the defense wrong and throwing the incorrect route. How can every WR on the team be so lost, the INT rate was not very good for any of the WR's last season.

Palmer had the yips for most of last season and it lead to some horrible play in the passing game.

I cant wait to see the new O, short passes and power running game. The WCO is exactly what a young QB/WR corp needs to produce.

FWIW, both Shipley and Gresham led rookies in receptions last year, so wouldn't it be just as easy to say Chad and TO ran incorrect routes while ad-libbing as opposed to Palmer throwing incorrect routes ?? Or were the rookies just better ?? Anyway around, it goes back to the old saying of "winning cures everything" and who knows how Chad would have been had 2006 gone differently ?? It didn't go differently though and it turned out the way it did. You already know what I have to say about that...

FWIW, both Shipley and Gresham led rookies in receptions last year, so wouldn't it be just as easy to say Chad and TO ran incorrect routes while ad-libbing as opposed to Palmer throwing incorrect routes ?? YES

Or were the rookies just better ?? YES, they seemed to run better routes than the dynamic duo.

Anyway around, it goes back to the old saying of "winning cures everything" and who knows how Chad would have been had 2006 gone differently ?? It didn't go differently though and it turned out the way it did. You already know what I have to say about that... YES, F^<K Chad!!

All I'm saying is I feel that both Palmer and the WR's played a part in the terrible preformance of the passing game last season.