Chad Ochocinco's Big Adventure

http://www.local12.com/news/local/story/Chad-Ochocinco-Reportedly-Traded-to-New-England/C7ahm00PaU2VKB0C0rJ9tw.cspx

Bengals wide receiver Chad Ochocinco has reportedly been traded to the New England Patriots.

Local 12 Sports Director Brad Johansen says all indications from multiple sources he's spoken to is that the Bengals have agreed to a trade with Patriots for a draft choice...but one that that has not been disclosed. Brad was told that Ochocinco was not released...but rather dealt.

The Bengals had the option on Chad's final contract year at over $6 million but believed after last season it was best to part ways. He spent 10 years years here after coming in as a second round pick in 2001.

Local 12 Sports Director Brad Johansen will have more ahead on Local 12 News at 6 p.m.

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally. Would have liked that first and third from the Skins two years ago, but this will have to do.

Turn the page, the circus finally leaves town. Maybe real football players can now assert their leadership, and this team can move forward as a serious outfit.

Let's all post our favorite Chad memories.

Mine is when he went to Africa to vist. He said he loved it so much he was going to go back and live in a mud hut for a month or two in the off season. He totally forgot about the whole thing five minutes after he got back.

THANK YOU GOD !!!

Thanks for the good years as Chad Johnson and one last F*CK YOU CHAD for the seasons as Ochodoucho !!!

See how nice it feels to move on and not have things linger ??

DITTO!

Funny in a poor way ?? When he was giving away a car through a comedy club I think and it went to his girlfriend.

I forgot about that one Army. He said he was going to sponsor a drawing at a club and give a Lexus to the winner. All the people showed up for the drawing, and Chad got up and announced he was going to give the car instead to a very special person - his girlfriend. Of course, he got sued. And as I recall the plaintiffs got a default judgement because Chad was too stupid to respond to the lawsuit.

Chad turned into a bad fit, but when he was going all out I wouldn't say Mike Brown was giving 100%. I think Chad truly cares about winning he just got fed up like Carson did, and said screw it. Mike isn't giving 100% I'm not going to give 100%. I wish they would have traded him to Washington, but he was the best WR this team ever had and he was phenomenal at 1 point. I hope he wins a ring in NE as long as it isn't in the playoffs against us. Which of course wouldn't happen because we can't make the playoffs. Remember that NO game? The SD game? He had some big ones. The 2011 Bengals are a better team for this. I'm glad the circus has ended, but he put us in the spotlight with the guarantee vs KC. Remember?

Chad turned into a bad fit, but when he was going all out I wouldn't say Mike Brown was giving 100%. I think Chad truly cares about winning he just got fed up like Carson did, and said screw it. Mike isn't giving 100% I'm not going to give 100%. I wish they would have traded him to Washington, but he was the best WR this team ever had and he was phenomenal at 1 point. I hope he wins a ring in NE as long as it isn't in the playoffs against us. Which of course wouldn't happen because we can't make the playoffs. Remember that NO game? The SD game? He had some big ones. The 2011 Bengals are a better team for this. I'm glad the circus has ended, but he put us in the spotlight with the guarantee vs KC. Remember?

In a mean spirited way my hope was that the Bengals would have traded Carson then traded Chad to the same team. That won't happen but that would have been an appropriate parting gift for Carson.

Hopefully he does have a good season if it helps with our draft pick. Two trips a season to Revis Island might be more than the Ocho can handle though.

Just a quick note, Schefty reports the Bengals actually get 2 "late-round" picks, one in 2012 and 2013, for Chad.

On the one hand, I'm happy we got something for him. On the other hand, I can't help but remember that Mikey could have had two first-round picks for him 3 years ago...