Pacman Jones thread

AGrizzlyBaer

/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110710/NEWS010701/110710009/Pacman-arrest-Not-drunk

It never fkn ends.

Of course not. Expect more as long as our owner is the Fr. Flanagan of the NFL.

That said, this sounds like some pretty piddly sh*t.

There's both sides and the truth in every story. Wonder what really happened.

/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110710/NEWS010701/110710009

Yea i really wondered what happend here, things dont make sense. Either way Jones needs to understand that he is a marked man with the police so its probably not a good idea to be at a bar at 2:30 in the morning, or yelling at somebody because chances are he will be arrested. Just stupid!

/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110710/NEWS010701/110710009

Peter Schaffer, Jones’ agent, said that Jones was out celebrating his wife’s birthday with neighbors when another female threw a punch at Jones’ wife.

Schaffer said that Jones walked up to police and said that he wanted to file charges.

According to accounts from other witnesses, Schaffer said Jones became upset as the woman was walking away and police became more concerned about him.

After Jones uttered a couple of profanities at officers, police arrested Jones.

WTF? Let me get this straight:

1. Another person takes a swing at your wife.

2. You complain to the cops.

3. Cops arrest you.

That's f'n ridiculous.

Looking at things from the outside, I would have to wonder what Jones' wife did to make this woman take a swing at her ??

I mean people don't just randomly walk up to people and try to take a shot without reason.

Just me, but if i'm out celebrating my wives birthday, it's not at a bar and not at 2am in the morning.

I guess two each their own, but if I had that kind of money and wasn't currently at work, my wife and I would be celebrating her birthday on some remote island where I didn't have to worry about sh*t like that happening.

Some people are always in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Odell Thurman comes to mind quickly.

http://news.cincinna...10701/110710009

Peter Schaffer, Jones' agent, said that Jones was out celebrating his wife's birthday with neighbors when another female threw a punch at Jones' wife.

Schaffer said that Jones walked up to police and said that he wanted to file charges.

According to accounts from other witnesses, Schaffer said Jones became upset as the woman was walking away and police became more concerned about him.

After Jones uttered a couple of profanities at officers, police arrested Jones.

WTF? Let me get this straight:

1. Another person takes a swing at your wife.

2. You complain to the cops.

3. Cops arrest you.

That's f'n ridiculous.

Ex-girlfriend?

Alleged witness in a comment on Reedy's blog:

I was there. He was acting ridiculous, his "wife" was beating a girl on the ground and kicking her in the head. When someone tried to break it up Pacman said to let em fight. He was screaming at the officers and pushing them. I'm shocked he didn't get an assault on an officer. I tend to think cops chase after athletes in this town and was proven wrong Saturday night. This guy deserved every charge he got and more. To top it all off, this started as a fight in the back between him and Eric Hicks, the old UC player. Eric Hicks made Pacman look like an angel. It's strange he was arrested.

FWIW

It appears Adam Jones violated his terms of probation in Nevada.

I find this to be incredibly stupid. When you're on probation there is a whole list of things you can and cannot do, and every probationer knows them. Sure you can fudge a little here and there, but being arrested in a bar in the wee hours of the morning is on the top of the list on not how to get released from your sentence.

I know quite well.

Sounds like his wife is just as stupid as he is. Wow what a great girl, sounds like a good one for a guy that is trying to change his life. How stupid, im not one to judge somebody, but when the wife is out starting fights at 2am in a bar, sounds like that family has some issues to deal with. Im not sure if Jones is even going to be around this year, to bad i was expecting good things from him....just another reason why this football offseason sucks so far!!!

It is good news as far as I'm concerned.

I was worried that MB might think that PacMan would be a good plan B if Joseph leaves. Plan B needs to be a lot more reliable than PacMan... so thanks buddy, for confirming the obvious.

This.

I've defended plenty of character risks but I've never been able to muster an support for Pacman being a Bengal. It's just a bridge too far...a journey too far....a hill to high for me to bother climbing. And truth be told, now that he's dinged up I want him in stripes even less.

http://www.nfl.com/n...dule=HP11_MYNFL

Bengals cornerback Adam "Pacman" Jones has pleaded not guilty to charges of disorderly conduct and resisting arrest.

Court officials say attorney Edward Perry filed the written plea for Jones on Monday in Hamilton County Municipal Court. The misdemeanor charges stem from Jones' July 10 arrest in Cincinnati. Jones wasn't in court Monday.

Well, if what he said about having another surgery is accurate (he was ing a neck brace) then he may not even be ready to go. Maybe a PUP ??

Either way, JJoe becomes a huge priority.

Knowing he so close to some team paying him a buttload of cash, I wonder if he's rethinking the whole, "I would like to stay in Cincinnati" thing ??

Well, if what he said about having another surgery is accurate (he was ing a neck brace) then he may not even be ready to go. Maybe a PUP ??

FWIW, according to a Pac-tweet a little while ago his physical with the team today "went great."