6th Round Pre-Pick Thread

ArmyBengal

I would like to see a RB drafted - you still need an egg carrier even with a WCO - and I'd really like to see a convetor belt of running backs producing decent players over the foreseeable future

Well, Burton is still on the board and if he lasts would be nice.

If the report is correct (just on ESPN) and the Bengals still plan on taking a RB there is something to consider.

If the Bengals really wanted Thomas out of Kansas St. to have insurance for Benson, you would have to think they are still looking for the same thing. In looking at the remaining RB's that fit that role, the only one I can come up with is John Clay out of Wisconsin.

This about Clay. Sounds like something they are looking for.

Clay has tremendous size. No-nonsense back who lets his blocks develop, finds a crease, and gets downhill in a hurry. Rarely goes down on first contact. Runs through arm tackles. Usually falls forward. Should have enough burst to get the edge at times. Very productive in college

All the other RB's seem like 3rd down back and unless the view them as better than Scott, then what's the point ??

Can someone tell me why Ziemba, the OT from Auburn is still on the board ??

6'6, 317 (Maybe not the strongest or fastest ??)

Ziemba, fresh off a BCS National Championship with Auburn, has a chance to become a solid starting right tackle at the next level. Has a ton of starts on his resume including many against top competition. He possesses excellent size and good mobility for a big man. Despite all his starting experience, he could still benefit from tightening up his technique as both a pass and run blocker. Flashes the foot speed and quickness the teams covet but still needs to do a better job protecting the quarterback and blocking out in space. Ziemba's a talented, battled-tested prospect who should be selected in the third round-range.

Ziemba is one of the most experienced players, regardless of position, in the 2011 draft, having made over 50 starts. Extremely durable during college career. Possesses great size. Flashes good foot quickness in pass protection and outstanding strength in the running game. Has solid recognition skills.

There may indeed be good value in a RB at this point.

I disagree. IMHO the value at RB has almost cratered.

Gimmee a lineman. Or double dip for value at LB or S.

points/tips cap

Since I know nothing about the depth of this draft, I won't argue. My point was more generic, in that dudes who can run the football and offer some help to teams can be found in the 6th. If that's not the case this year, then by all means, something else.

What about this RB Jordan Toddman guy from connecticut? In my book he is rated for the 2nd round so why is he still on the board.

I would guess because he's 5-9, 203 lbs. That's a little light for an everydown guy in the NFL.

There may indeed be good value in a RB at this point.

I disagree. IMHO the value at RB has almost cratered.

Gimmee a lineman. Or double dip for value at LB or S.

points/tips cap

Since I know nothing about the depth of this draft, I won't argue. My point was more generic, in that dudes who can run the football and offer some help to teams can be found in the 6th. If that's not the case this year, then by all means, something else.

I hope I didn't step on a toe.

FWIW, almost immediately after I type the above there was a run on safeties. And by the time the Bengals pick rolls around again I might take LB off my list too. The point being....the BPA needle constantly shifts.

In my opinion the RB wave had passed.

What about this RB Jordan Toddman guy from connecticut? In my book he is rated for the 2nd round so why is he still on the board.

I would guess because he's 5-9, 203 lbs. That's a little light for an everydown guy in the NFL.

barry sanders is smaller, he is 5' 8'' and 200 lbs, and he is best running back in nfl history. i am getting sick of this concern about small rb crap.

Hoping for Graig Cooper, RB, Miami - I hate the "U", but he fits our new O - runs hard, is shifty and also catches the ball well out of the backfield - perfect for a "West Caost O" - he has had some injuries, that would be my only concern, but in round 6, I would be very happy with him.

Hoping for Graig Cooper, RB, Miami - I hate the "U", but he fits our new O - runs hard, is shifty and also catches the ball well out of the backfield - perfect for a "West Caost O" - he has had some injuries, that would be my only concern, but in round 6, I would be very happy with him.

Damn! Good to see you back old timer!

Damn! Good to see you back old timer!

Well thanks Billy, I'm always "lurking", just don't post all the time, but I'm always with you all - thanks for the thought however!