ArmyBengal

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Praying for Bowers to fall...

or Bruce Carter

Man, I really didn't think there was any chance that Bowers would be there. But if here's there in the third, ya gotta take him.

Praying for Bowers to fall...

or Bruce Carter

Man, I really didn't think there was any chance that Bowers would be there. But if here's there in the third, ya gotta take him.

I pimped Bowers as hard as anyone on this site, but no....I don't think we take him in the 3rd. Because as sad as it might be the reality is he's now viewed as little more than a very talented part-time player whose game and practice reps will have to be drastically limited until micro-fracture surgery can no longer be put off. And his career is likely to be no longer than a few years under the best circumstances.

I'm not ready to bang the table yet, but if you want value and you're willing to draft a dinged player Bruce Carter was just given full medial clearance from Dr James Andrews. No restrictions. No limitations. And his rehab is already said to be weeks ahead of schedule.

Just saying...

Funny thing is, when we were talking in the draft pick thread heading into the draft I made a comment about would it surprise anyone if we went WR in the 1st, QB in the 2nd, and RB in the 3rd ?? Well, 2/3rds of the way there eh ?? God I really want an athletic OG right at the top of the 3rd.

Funny thing is, when we were talking in the draft pick thread heading into the draft I made a comment about would it surprise anyone if we went WR in the 1st, QB in the 2nd, and RB in the 3rd ?? Well, 2/3rds of the way there eh ?? God I really want an athletic OG right at the top of the 3rd.

You might be right on. Unfortunately, the Dalton pick screwed the chance of getting O-Line or D-Line in the 3rd......The Bengals MUST now select a RB and I can only hope Daniel Thomas is there in the 3rd.

They DESPERATELY need to cut Benson if they want Dalton to succeed. Benson CANNOT CATCH which spells trouble for a West Coast back, ALSO, you CANNOT have Ced average 3.4 yards per carry for a Rookie QB....You CANNOT put a Rookie QB in constant 3rd and longs, that just spells disaster!

So now they have to go RB next, either that, or Mike Brown opens up his wallet BIG TIME for DeAngelo Willams

How about a Casey Mathews not much of a need...but I don't see us making superbowl run next year and dude will be a stud like his brother :o

You might be right on. Unfortunately, the Dalton pick screwed the chance of getting O-Line or D-Line in the 3rd......The Bengals MUST now select a RB and I can only hope Daniel Thomas is there in the 3rd.

Not really good chance they resign Cedric I'd say Position of biggest need atm is Guard & Safety. we have very below avg players there.